Bacon & Baked Potato Soup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgf73

Boxer Booster
It's going to be my favorite time of year very soon....AUTUMN!!!!!!!!! The festivals, the smell of burning leaves, and turtlenecks are just some of my favorite things - along with bright copper kettles, warm woolen mittens, and brown paper packages tied up with string. :p
I also love the recipes -so here is one recipe for the cool evenings that will soon be upon us.....

Bacon & Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 can (14-1/2 oz.)reduced sodium chicken broth
1-1/4 cups milk
2-3 medium baking potatoes, baked, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
10 slices Center Cut Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled and divided
3/4 cup Cheddar & American Shredded Cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. sliced green onion, divided
salt and pepper
1/4 cup sour cream

Preparation:
Melt butter in heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender-crisp. Add broth, milk and potatoes; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Slightly crush potatoes with back of spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the bacon, 2 Tbsp. of the cheese and 1 Tbsp. of the green onion for toppings; set aside.

Stir in remaining bacon, cheese and green onion just before serving. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, green onion and sour cream.

prep time: 15 min
ready in: 30 min
serves: 4

:D Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

diego's heart

Boxer Insane
Thanks for sharing Kelly! I'll definitely be trying this in the coming months. I just love the fall season too :)! ~ Lisa

Az Boxr Lovr

Boxer Insane
This sounds so good, I can almost taste it. My daughter and I are going to make it tomorrow. It's only suppose to be in the low 100's ......so it's almost like Autumn here now! Thanks
Cheryl:)

kgf73

Boxer Booster
Thanks

Thank you. I'm so glad you liked it Cheryl. :p
It's one of my favorites too! The low 100's though...whew! I was thinking like the 30 or 40's.
I'll try to find another one of my favorites you might be interested in and post it.

Zsara

Super Boxer
I Thank You, My Husband Thanks you ;)

I haven't made your soup recipe yet but I can tell you I am printing it out even as we speak.. Thanks for sharing!!!! appicon

Status
Not open for further replies.