Avery has earned her wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherylM

Completely Boxer Crazy
My sweet Avery went to the Rainbow Bridge on Friday May 8th, she was 11 years old. She had been diagnosed with spondylosis about a month ago and was in a lot of painin her left front leg. We treated her with several different drugs trying to find the right combination of pain meds. They were either too strong, too weak, etc. Finally we got it somewhat right but her rear end started going about 3 weeks ago. I personally think that with the spondylosis and "whatever else" was going on it brought on the onset of DM. Her back end went very quickly and by Thursday evening she could no longer climb the stairs. Had it just been her back end with DM we could have managed but with her front left leg being so useless she was shouldering all her weight on her front right and you could tell she was in extreme pain. We made the difficult decision to help her to the bridge, to take away her pain and give her a healthy body once again.

As much as it was a difficult decision we know it was the right thing to do. It was just a year ago that we lost Jack and this has been so difficult for us. However we are happy to know that Jack will have been waiting for her, he would have been missing her terribly. No doubt playing "two headed monster" in the sky!

I had a dream on Saturday night and Avery was in it! She was young and healthy again. Her muzzle was completely black and she was running around doing the bean and woowooing us. She wasn't with us but she was watching us, trying to get our attention. I'm sure she came to let me know she was happy and healthy again.

Rest in peace my beautiful girl.

crowpete

Boxer Insane
I am so very sorry to hear about Avery. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you! She is up there having the time of her life and Jack and her will be waiting for the day they can see you again. HUGS

Godspeed sweet Avery angelicon

kayboxer

Boxer Insane
My heart breaks reading that story. I can't imagine how difficult that is to make that decision, but I know she is in a place where she can run and play again. I'm sorry about your loss. Play hard, run free sweet Avery. angelicon

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
I'm so very sorry about your sweet girl and more over after losing Jack just last year. It must be so very difficult for you. But I'm so happy that Avery came to you in a dream. I believe this wholeheartedly. She came to let you know that she is fine now and for you to carry out and know she is in a better place. God bless her little heart. Her love for you continues on and she proved it by coming to you in a dream. I just finished a book about dreams (Sylvia Browne) tells how our beloved pets go straight to heaven without any hangups. I looked in your gallery and it's amazing how much my girl resembles your Jack. He was gorgeous and so was your sweet Avery. I know they are both running now and doing all kinds of boxer antics. RIP sweet Avery. Hugs.

Last edited:

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your Avery, so sad for you that you had to let her go. :( You did the most loving and compassionate thing for her. I'm happy for you that you received the gift of a dream of her, young and doing all those wonderful Boxer things that we all love to see!! I hope it brought some comfort and peace to you, and that sweet memories will help you through your sadness. Run free, Beautiful Silver Girl. Avery, and watch over your family who love and miss you forever.

SherylM

Completely Boxer Crazy
I just finished a book about dreams (Sylvia Browne) tells how our beloved pets go straight to heaven without any hangups. I looked in your gallery and it's amazing how much my girl resembles your Jack. He was gorgeous and so was your sweet Avery. I know they are both running now and doing all kinds of boxer antics. RIP sweet Avery. Hugs.

I believe what Sylvia Browne has to say! And yes, your girl does resemble Jack, right down to being able to see the pink in her nose!

Status
Not open for further replies.