Apoquel for Itching

Status
Not open for further replies.

DlcVta

Boxer Pal
X19er. No I haven't seen any change in water consumption or any side effects at all. With steroids even a super low dose makes her pee and drink like crazy so I never used those for more than a day. I just can't say enough good things about this med. it was almost weird to see my dog all of a sudden stop itching and lay quietly.

x19er

Boxer Insane
X19er. No I haven't seen any change in water consumption or any side effects at all. With steroids even a super low dose makes her pee and drink like crazy so I never used those for more than a day. I just can't say enough good things about this med. it was almost weird to see my dog all of a sudden stop itching and lay quietly.

That's great, what a relief for you both. Dino is the same with the steroids he's on a really low dose but still is very thirsty so I'm really hoping he'll be ok on the Apoquel - thank you.

Jinnytee

Super Boxer
My Luna was at the vet today for hip screening, and I asked about the Apoquel. They have already ordered it from the US, so that is great to know. They also drew blood and sent it to the US for allergen screening. I am really hopeful that relief for her is just around the corner.

x19er

Boxer Insane
My Luna was at the vet today for hip screening, and I asked about the Apoquel. They have already ordered it from the US, so that is great to know. They also drew blood and sent it to the US for allergen screening. I am really hopeful that relief for her is just around the corner.

That's great, really hope it works for your girl x

We got Dino allergy tested a few years back, he's allergic to various types of tree pollens, wild flower pollens and cats! :LOL:

x19er

Boxer Insane
Although Dino is still coming off the steroids the Apoquel does seem to be doing wonders. He still had a degree of itchiness going on even on the steroids and this seems to be gone, I've not seen him scratch, lick or rub at his face for days.

Disappointingly though his ulcer is showing no signs of healing whatsoever so he's booked in to get his third eye lid stitched closed to aid the healing process on Wednesday, my poor boy it was all I could do not to burst into tears in front of the vet. Our first boxer boy had to get this done and was thoroughly miserable throughout the entire process. So going to be a long day on Wednesday till he's back home.

Jinnytee

Super Boxer
Although Dino is still coming off the steroids the Apoquel does seem to be doing wonders. He still had a degree of itchiness going on even on the steroids and this seems to be gone, I've not seen him scratch, lick or rub at his face for days.

Disappointingly though his ulcer is showing no signs of healing whatsoever so he's booked in to get his third eye lid stitched closed to aid the healing process on Wednesday, my poor boy it was all I could do not to burst into tears in front of the vet. Our first boxer boy had to get this done and was thoroughly miserable throughout the entire process. So going to be a long day on Wednesday till he's back home.

So sorry that Dino has to go through surgery on wednesday. We do feel so awful when our dogs have to have any sort of medical proceedure, as they can't be reasoned with, to understand why, ( I worry about what they must think). Big hug for you and Dino, and hoping that all goes well.

I am really happy though that Dino is reacting so positively to the Apoquel. Dino must feel so great without the constant irritation

packblt

Completely Boxer Crazy
Glad to hear Dino is getting relief from his itching but sorry to hear he needs surgery.

Hope all goes well and sending wishes for a speedy recovery.

Roge

Boxer Insane
Oh dear sorry to hear that, poor boy ,its such a worry when you have to leave them with the vet...
Sending Dino lots of healthy healing <<<vibes>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.