1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone with twins out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ottopunk, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ottopunk

ottopunk Boxer Booster

We are expecting twins in March and just wanted to see if anyone else has twins out there? Otto and Punky are lucky. They are each going to have a baby to play with :D

Any products that I should stay away from? I keep wanting to buy everything I see.

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

Congratulations! fiestaicon Thats so cute each dog with a playmate:LOL: Sorry can't help you in the twin catagory, is this your first? You help not wanting to buy everything (in double too).

3. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

I have twin nieces that are 4 1/2 years old. What a handful :D I strongly encourage you to allow someone to hold a baby shower for you. On the invitations they can put that the theme of the shower is DIAPERS--along with their gift, everyone brings you a bag of diapers (you pick the kind you like, my sister says pampers quilted are the best). You will definantly need these. How exciting for you--I just took my nieces out for dinner tonight, they grow up so fast.............

4. Austin's Mom

Austin's Mom Boxer Insane

I have twin nephews who are now 8. For a while they slept in the same crib, but their Mom never really needed any help with them. Some say having 2 is easier than 1. I agree with the baby shower idea, and gifts of diapers, wipes and formula are a great idea! God knows you'll need those! Congrats!

5. Robyn

Robyn Completely Boxer Crazy

Just saw this post

I have twins who are six and an 8 month old. I could talk twins all day :D !! Email me if you have any questions or want to talk twins. I could give your lots of unsolicited advice, lol! Twins are a blessing.

Robyn

6. tanyaj77

tanyaj77 Completely Boxer Crazy

Congratulations!!
    I too am expecting twins in 5 weeks or less (ACK! It's coming so fast!)
    As for products to stay away from, I really have no idea as this whole thing is new to me so I will be learning as I go along.
    I do however belong to a group on ivillage which is strictly for parents of multiples. I have found them to be extremely helpful. Somebody there will be sure to answer any questions you might have. Good Luck!
    Oh I almost forgot..... Do you know what sex the babies are? I'm having 2 boys...What have I gotten myself into? LoL! :D

7. tanyaj77

WoW Robyn, you're my hero!
    What sex are your twins? Did you have trouble in the beginning getting them on the same sleeping and eating patterns? I'm so worried that I'm going to do something wrong. I'm also very concerned about how Boz is going to react. I know he won't hurt them intentionally, but he's still young and he jumps around a lot. I'm scared he's going to accidentally stomp on my babies. :(

8. Robyn

Robyn Completely Boxer Crazy

First of all, congrats to both of you!

I know it probably seems overwhelming right now but twins are the best! I could tell you a million reasons why you will be so fortunate to have them (always have their own playdate, etc.)but you will find out for yourselves soon enough. I actually cried when I found out I was only having one with my last pregnancy but part of that was probably hormones, lol. I kept telling my husband I was worried that this baby would be lonely.

We have fraternal boy girl twins, Callie Michelle born 7 min before her brother, Cole Matthew. They were a bit over 4 weeks early and weighed 6.7 and 6.1 and both were 18 1/4 inches long. I was induced for preeclampsia and had a great delivery.

The best piece of advice I got, actually two pieces I always pass on to other moms expecting twins. The first is immediately try to get them on the same schedule if that means waking up one to feed them both at the same time or give baths, do it! You definately want to try to get them on the same schedule. Also you are a mom of TWINS, what you friend does with one baby might or might not work for you. What I mean is listen to all of that unsolicited advice because it MIGHT come in handy but you ARE in a different set of circumstances. My mother in law used to have a cow because sometimes I'd put the babies down for a nap with their shoes on. But sometimes the thought of putting on 4 shoes and tying them on wiggling babies again would just be too much and if it meant we got to get out of the house and go to the mall or take a walk I'd do it! Also, if you are having a bad day, go to the mall. After the second person gushes about your babies you'll feel lucky again and you'll have a good day! Also, forget about going anywhere in a hurry! My husband was shocked the first time we went out in public, it takes you twice as long because a lot of people ask you so many questions, many of them very private! LOL That gets better when the kids are a little older but when they are tiny and in their stroller they are just so darn cute!

Good luck with everything and if I can help just yell! :D

Robyn

9. buddy's_mom_29

buddy's_mom_29 Boxer Insane

Wow, how did I miss the fact that you're having twins?!:) I knew you were pregnant, but I didn't realize it was with twins, CONGRATULATIONS!!! To the both of you!! My fiance is a twin, but that's not much help here:p I'm so happy for you both!

* I have to agree that I love the comment about Otto and Punky each having a baby to play with!:D

10. tanyaj77

Robyn,
    Thank you so much for the advice. It really makes sense to wake 1 baby up to make sure they're fed at the same time. I guess they won't get onto the same schedule themselves, it will take some help from Mom :)
    When I first found out I was having twins (at 22 weeks gestation) I was in such shock I told the woman doing my fetal acessment to shut up LoL! The thought had never crossed my mind all I could think about was $$$$ (UhOh 2 of everything??!!). I also started shaking and I think I shook for 2 days straight :rolleyes: Now that I've had time to let everything sink in I really love the idea of having 2 babies even though I know it will be a lot of work. Hehe I will be sure to take them to the mall when I'm having a bad day because I know I'll love showing them off :D Thanks for the tip!
    LoL Don't be surprised if I'm writing you after they're born pleading for help :p I'm sure there's so much I haven't even thought about yet :rolleyes:

Buddy's_mom,
    LoL! Thanks for the congrats :D Don't worry....you didn't miss the fact that I was having twins. I really didn't say too much about it as I didn't post for awhile because we bought a bigger house and I had so much to do.
    I almost forgot.... when you get our Xmas card keep in mind that I'm 8 months pregnant with twins and I didn't just eat McDonalds out of business :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.