Anyone is Raleigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb_pks

Boxer Booster
My wife and I just moved into the Raleigh, North Carolina area.

Anyone interested in setting up a play date? We have tried the dog park but find it to be complete chaos.

My email is removed by moderator - please see the rules regarding the posting of personal information.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

BeckyNC

Boxer Insane
I live in Raleigh!

I would love to set up a play date! My girl frequently needs to adjust to new situations before she plays, though. Her first interaction is usually such that she sniffs and acts indifferent. I don't think this is abnormal, though it might be the sign of a doggie that's a bit insecure...not sure.

Did you visit the DP at Millbrook Exchange Park? I live very close to it, but it is mobbed on nice days and my crazy girl has been attacked there several times, so we visit every couple months. They do have lights now, though, so it's easier to go at off times. Also, during the winter months, if you go at 9 or 10 on the weekends, the group is really small.

I should also let you know that a BW member and I have discussed setting up a Boxer bash in January. She lives in Durham and we visited her and her beautiful boy a couple weeks ago. She's been talking to some Boxer parents and I told her I'd also contact some people.

Becky

curb_pks

Boxer Booster
I have been to that dog park and it was complete chaos. What a wonderful park, but it was just too busy with dogs coming and going that Gracie gets totally overwhellmed.

Gracie usually gets along with other dogs, but on occasion she has problems with one. She also won't play with any dog at the dog park, she is too busy running around to see everyone. But when there are just two dogs she can't get enough.

Maybe we can try letting the two meet and see if they hit it off? We are getting a fence soon (only 4 feet though) but maybe that will be high enough if the two are busy playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.