Anyone have ferrets also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmellie

Boxer Booster
I was just wondering if anyone had ferrets in addition to their boxers. I have one aged ferret, Master Yoda. He did have two friends, Jawa and Meeko..but they have since passed. I was just curious.

dumerili03

Boxer Buddy
yeah, ours are 2 years old. winston plays pretty well with them. bentley and meeka are their names. he's albino and she's sable. she's absolutely the cutest animal i have ever seen...soooo sweet! their dooking around is soooo funny. never ending energy (when they're awake). it's amazing that they've survived evolution. you have to check out this ferret website. absolutely hillarious.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~anthony.clark/ferret/
click on "felix-files"
they are mine, and as much as i like them, they like my sister much better.
jim

Alisha Mobley

Boxer Insane
My husband is the oldest of 5, he had a ferret about 10 years ago he gave me because it liked to bite. They were afraid to get him out of his cage so never handled him. His younger sisters would poke at him thru the cage.:( I took him and after a vet check and de-fleaing he was very tame. I could let him loose to run around the yard. He would stay close by running around and kicking up his hind legs. When I would go out to feed him he would come out of his cage and jump up on my leg like a little puppy. Unfortunatly I was 16 years old at the time and didn't know squat about their care and he froze that winter.:( I think if I was to get one now it would become a Boxer snack.:eek:

B

Badassboxer

I had a ferret for a short time, but gave it away because it stunk. The people I got it from said it was de-scented, but I don't know. They are absolutely the cutest little things but I can't get over that musky smell. If the garage wasn't so hot, I might get another one. Some people say they don't stink at all, maybe the one I had wasn't really descented or something...he was oily too.

warmellie

Boxer Booster
I agree with you Jim..it is amazing they survived evolution:D I loved the website!! I have been peeking at it all day(here at work.) I will donate more time to it tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Alisha that is sad about the fuzzy freezing... and some of them do bite. One of mine bit my husband pretty bad. he hasn't been too fond of them since...well, except Yoda, the one living now. He likes him.

And they do smell. They have a different odor..something you kinda have to get used to. I have been banned from having anymore after Yoda passes because my husband can't tolerate 'ferret odor.' Not that it is bad now...but after having three..he said he had his fill for a lifetime, :LOL: I can't blame him though. I dislike the smell of cats, so I can understand.

Hey, maybe I can con him into allowing another boxer after Yoda goes. What a brilliant idea! evilicon hee hee.....

I appreciate every sharing their ferret stories!! Thanks guys!

caro

Boxer Buddy
i have a ferret, he's 1 year old, and he loves dogs. They are playing together all the times.his name is taz.

dumerili03

Boxer Buddy
we have a ferret powder bath (basically baby powder) which masks their musk smell. i do keep them clean which is a major factor in their "stinking". if yours was musky and oily, i would imagine that for some reason the glands weren't removed. was this a long time ago because it's common practice now. oh yeah, and ours would NEVER, NEVER bite. they are the sweetest animals. i put them on a rug and pull them through the house...they fall off, dook and dook, and try to climb back on. they're hysterical! i also pad up the couch and toss them from about 4 feet to their landing. that gets them really riled up!
yeah, i've got a lot of ferret stories. you should all check out that website...it's really funny.
jim

Status
Not open for further replies.