Anyone else building a house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy Boys

Completely Boxer Crazy
Scott,

Glad to hear that you're closing soon and able to enjoy your new home. We closed on our house just over a week ago and had several issues of our own with the builder and with closing. We are still waiting for a few final things to be completed from the *final* punch list that was signed at closing time. When we left closing, we weren't excited, just relieved that it was all finally over.

Now that we're in the house, we're happy, but this past month has been rough.

Good luck with your closing and your move. Have a safe trip to Dallas this 4th and down to South Padre.

Brenda

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
Well, I had the FINAL walk-through yesterday morning at 0900, and then came back at 1430 to ensure that everything had been done (The nice glass cooktop range I had ordered was damaged Wednesday of last week, and I didn't expect a replacement to be in so soon).

The area construction superintendent came by and introduced himself (I'm thinking mainly because I have been such a thorn in his side perstering him for answers).

Amazingly enough, they got the 30 items on the punch list finished, and buried the sprinkler system in 2 1/2 hours. I drive off to the title company at 1530, only to get there and find out that the mortgage and title companies just started processing the closing paperwork....and it won't be ready until next week. I was able to set a closing date for 15-17 Jul (around the time I was originally supposed to close), so I'll have a bit of a breather getting things together for the move-in.

I guess it's just as well for me, as the first half of the month was going to be very tight with having to shell out $200-300 for utility deposits plus the down payment and closing costs (~$6,500).

The houses on either side of mine should be dried in by closing, so the debris level around the house will decrease greatly. I'll be applying sealer on both sides of the fence this evening...one less thing I'll have to worry about, especially since there won't be any grass until Wed or Thu.

Cheers,
Scott, Boomer & Jacques

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
Finally!

Well, I finally closed on the house this past Thursday! I still can't believe it's over. I still need to put 3 pallets of sod down in the backyard and lay laminate and tile flooring in half of the house. I have a majority of the furniture moved in, and will have the remainder of the storage unit emptied by Friday.

It just feels weird to walk in the house now...knowing that I don't have to jump through anymore hoops. Hope to post pictures soon.

Cheers,
Scott, Boomer & Jacques

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
Congrats Scott!! This has been a real journey for you, but I am sure one that is worth it in the end. Can't wait to see pics. How is Boomer adapting to home ownership?? As the saying goes

A Boxer Lives Here, Along With It's Cleaning Staff :D

Jean

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
Originally posted by buddy'smom
A Boxer Lives Here, Along With It's Cleaning Staff :D
Jean

Ha! Ha! Too funny! Guess I'll have to get a sign made for the front door....maybe I'll have a door mat made. Boomer will be coming over for the first time this evening...We'll be fully moved in by Friday. Until the grass is down in the backyard, He'll be pottying on the leash on the side of the house.

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
Congratulations Scott beericon So happy to hear you're in the new house. Wish we all lived closer we could have a big house warming boxer bash at your place - all that christening of boxer pee would certainly bring good luck - would become a tradition in many new homes :)

Barb

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
Boomer will be coming over for the first time this evening...We'll be fully moved in by Friday.

After the Boomer inspection, let us know what his thoughts are. How exciting for both of you. :) So when is the housewarming? I am thinking BoxerBash housewarming party ;) beericon

Jean

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
We've been in the house for about 2 months now. Boomer and I are adjusting. I can't wait for the sod to be delivered and installed in the backyard (next week, I hope). Boomer and I go for four or five walks per day, and he still wants to spend time rooting around the backyard....which is technically okay, except when it has been raining and the yard is full of mud.

As for the housewarming party...I'm not sure when that's going to be.

Cheers,
Scott

jray

Boxer Insane
Congrats!appicon
We moved into our new house two months ago after living in an apartment for 4 years. How awesome to have a place to call your own and decorate the way you want! Brand new appliances are great! We had a great time landscaping and making it ours! Have fun!

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
Originally posted by buddy'smom
After the Boomer inspection, let us know what his thoughts are. How exciting for both of you. :) So when is the housewarming? I am thinking BoxerBash housewarming party ;) beericon

Jean

It will be a BYOB - bring your own boxer :)

Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.