Anyone done a western Caribbean cruise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Boxer Boys

Boxer Insane
We're planning a cruise to the Western Caribbean in June. We're trying to pin down our port excursions - - any suggestions? Our stops are Costa Maya, Belize, Cozamel, and Grand Cayman.
Cindy

SC's Mom

Super Boxer
I've done a few cruises and I've stayed on many of the islands (my dad loves to travel and my sis and I have been lucky enough to always join him). Grand Cayman is one of the most beautiful islands in my opinion. Along with Little Cayman and Cayman Brac. Belize is on my list of places to go and I have a few friends who have had it as a port on cruises. They tell me if I do go to go on the tubing cave tour.

Cozamel is great too! They have wonderful deals on silver jewelry.

AZ Boxer Boys

Boxer Insane
Thanks for responding back. We are so excited to go - I guess I will do a little shopping for silver jewlery in Cozumel - thanks for the tip.

Cindy

kelseighgirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
Cindy ,
You will have to let me know what you thought about Cozumuel and Belize.
We are going on a cruise in Oct that leave from Baltimore and will go to Key West , Cozumuel, Belize, Coco Cay and Nassau.

Have a great time!!

Robin

p.s what cruise line are you going with???

Az Boxr Lovr

Boxer Insane
Hi Cindy...just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip! Are you going to leave the Boxers with Nancy? I know she told me that she will sit dogs purchased from her.
Cheryl. Joe and Scampy

AZ Boxer Boys

Boxer Insane
Robin,
We're going on Royal Caribbean - it's our first cruise and taking the kids with us. We have 3 and they're just as excited as we are. We'll be back mid-June, I will write back to you how it went - - but if I don't, it means I've forgotten (it's a 40's thing) so please don't hesitate to write to me - - I know I'll be anxious to share our adventures.

Cheryl,
Yes, we're going to leave them at Nancy's. We really trust her with them. My only concern is they are used to be out of their crates except for when we are at work. At Nancy's they're in their crates most of the time, even at night. I feel bad about that and it makes it hard. Other than that, we're all excited to go.

Cindy

diego's heart

Boxer Insane
Cindy, are you back yet? How was it?! Mom and I visited the WCaribbean from Galveston, TX to Cozmel, Cost Rica, Panama Canal, Jamaica & Grand Cayman. We were celebrating her 65th birthday and had a ball!

What excursions/activities did you and kids enjoy most?

Aimee

Boxer Insane
We did a western carribean cruise last year. We loved it! Ours was a 5 night cruise so we only had two ports - Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. We had a blast! We just got back from a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise and it too was awesome. My husband and I love to cruise. We are thinking of taking a short cruise to Key West and Cozumel soon. They supposedly have the best selection of pink saphires in Cozumel!

Fill us in, we'd love to hear how your excursions were.

AZ Boxer Boys

Boxer Insane
We got back earlier this week - - it was the best vacation ever - - I am truly hooked on cruising, it is the way to go. I can't believe how absolutely beautiful the water was - so blue - I told my husband if I didn't know better I would have thought they painted the bottom of the ocean blue as it was so incredible. And so clear.

We went to the Lamania (not sure if I spelled it right) Mayan ruins in Belize. It was great, we took a ride on a river boat to the ruins. They feed us lunch, nothing fancy as it was prepared in the forest by locals, but it was good. It was quite exciting walking through the rain forest and coming upon the temples. My husband and son climbed to the top of one of the temples - I really planned to, but when I got there and saw how high it was and you need to hold on to ropes most of the way up because it is so steep and the steps are narrow and crooked - - well, I have a thing with heights - it took me a while to get used to looking over the balcony on the second floor in our home....so needless to say I didn't climb to the top.

My husband and son went on a wave runner in Costa Maya, while my daughters and I sat on the beach - beautiful - and of course we did some shopping. We went snorkling in Cozumel and more shopping. In Grand Cayman we swam with the sting rays and of course, more shopping.

My husband and I are already talking about the next one and the kids have given their two cents on where they'd like to go next.

Royal Caribbean was excellent - lots of activities for the kids and the service was wonderful.

As you can tell, I can't say enough about it and can't wait for the next one.

Cindy

Last edited:

diego's heart

Boxer Insane
appicon Yea appicon

Cruisin' is fun, isn't it?! Thanks so much for posting! My favorite excursion was snorkeling and swimming with Sting Rays in Grand Cayman - ahhhhhh....!

Oh... and poor, poor Aimee... *only* Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, Jamaica :p! Grand Cayman and Jamaica were my favorites!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.