1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody have a Tempur mattress?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rrboxer, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskers

whiskers Boxer Insane

My parents typically are very achy when they get up in the morning. They bought an off-brand, cheap memory foam mattress a couple years ago, and at first LOVED it and weren't waking up sore anymore. But, well... you get what you pay for and after just a couple years, the mattress is sunken in and they were back to complaining. This mattress had a very short warranty of just a couple years, too. You'll be much better off getting the "real deal" Tempurpedic, the warranty is nice and if you get 100 days to try it out, you should know pretty quickly if it's going to make a difference for you or not. My brother and his wife have had a tempurpedic for just over 5 years I believe, and they still like it just as much now as they did when they first bought it.

2. rrboxer

rrboxer Super Boxer

We decided to go with Tempur after all but we down sized of wanting a king to queen because I was hoping to be able to use my current queen linen - and they fit! Yesterday was my first night sleeping on the Tempur mattress. The sales lady said it would take probably a month to become adjusted and she suggested once mattress delivered to walk on it to kinda break it in. When it was delivered I threw a sheet on it an started walking on it because it was so dense and hard (I thought - oh no concrete mattress). So I walked on it like 3 minutes then on my side of bed I started walking on it on all 4 fours. By the time it was time to turn in I was hoping for a semi good sleep. For my first night I slept well and I noticed I didn't flip-flop back and forth like a burger during the night. To my surprise I even slept on my back which I rarely do - I like to sleep on my right side. This morning I mentioned to my husband I slept pretty good considering its not broken in and I even slept on "my back". His comment, "I know you snored". (lol)

3. ZOE*BOXER

ZOE*BOXER Boxer Insane

I have had my TempurPedic for about ten years now. It was great for about the first eight years. It is now time to replace it. I am sure they have been improved upon since then. I plan on purchasing a Sleep Number bed now. Honestly the TempurPedic is still fine for me, my husband is the one wanting to make the switch and I think they say eight years is the max you should keep a matress. Good luck. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.