Any "nice" pet friendly places near jersey beach??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargentScoob

Boxer Buddy
Does anyone know of any boxer friendly places to stay near Island Beach State Park NJ? We go every year for a week and made the mistake of putting our boxer (6 months old at the time) in a kennel close to home ( a vet hospital kennel, that made us feel better that he would have immediate attention if needed). But he didnt handle it well..He lost alot of weight, and ALOT of hair, to the point that we were asked to pick him up early, he was truly depressed, it was heart breaking to see him. He seemed dazed, and didnt recognize us for the first few seconds, then he went NUTS!!! It was like he came back to life. So this year we are looking for a place that will allow him. Alot of places allow purse pooches, but I havent found any that will allow larger dogs. I have even called kennels close to the beach, and asked if they will allow us to take the dog out everyday and bring him back before closing, but thats a big "no no". Liability reasons they said..So any info would be appreciated.

suzyqdogsmom

Completely Boxer Crazy
I had posted previously about a pet travel guide I saw advertised. It is a Mobile Travel Guide for pets. Said it listed pet friendly motels, local kennels, vet hotlines etc. I threw out the brochure so my info is sketchy, but I imagine the mobile travel guides would be available at larger book stores. It sounded like it would have lots of good info for around the country. Good luck. We had friends visit us and stayed at the local Motel 6 with their dog (about 50 lbs). We saw their room, it was clean and the place was well kept up. I have never stayed at one, but this local one seems ok. They were definately dog friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.