1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas on keeping bunnies out?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by rayandsarah, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayandsarah

rayandsarah Completely Boxer Crazy

Every morning I find tons of rabbit poop in the yard. Well of course the boys want to eat it (gross). This is also what caused their last fight. I have been trying to pick it up but it's not the easiest thing to do. We are in the process of taking down our chain link fence and putting up a privacy fence. This should help some. I was also reading about Liquid Fence. It's says it's ok to you use and isn't harmful to pets. Has anyone used this before? If so how did it work? Any other suggestions would be awesome!

2. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

We used to have bunnies in our yard too, they don't come around anymore though, BF says it's because they don't like our grass (bermuda) ever since BF put down broadleaf killer (we used to have lots of clover).

I don't know anything about liquid fence :confused: Sorry can't give you advice there.

3. BxrMommieNAZ

BxrMommieNAZ Boxer Insane

Is there a major source of food for them in your yard? If there is, I'd recommend getting rid of their food source and that should help with getting rid of them. Or check the internet and see if there's a type of smell, plant, etc that they don't like, that is safe for dogs, and put that around your yard. Unfortunately those are the only humane ways I can think of given that they're wild bunnies and not someone's pet.

Good luck!

4. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Boxer Insane

If you go to a major home improvement store or garden center, you should be able to find rabbit fencing. It is generally 24" high wire grid fencing that comes on rolls of 25' and 50' lengths. It is meant to keep rabbits out of gardens. It should be relatively inexpensive and easy to install in the gaps of your current fencing. You can even staple it along the bottom edge of your privacy fence if there are gaps at the bottom where bunnies can find their way in.

5. rayandsarah

The only thing in the backyard really is dirt (trying to grow grass). I never thought to look up plants I just figured that they would eat them ha. Thanks i'm gonna see if I can find anything.

6. rayandsarah

We thought about doing that but they can smell it on the other side of the fence. Rowdy shoves his nose and tongue through the chain link (this is how their fight started). That's why we are replacing with a privacy fence. Just can't do it all at once expense wise.

7. DiverDiva

DiverDiva Boxer Insane

My neighbor plants marigolds around the perimeter of her garden to discourage the bunnies.

8. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I had to get rid of my bird feeders to get rid of the bunnies...and the opposum...and the squirrels...

9. rayandsarah

I had to get rid of mine last summer too. Capone would knock them down and eat all the seed.

10. starzNJ

starzNJ Boxer Booster

I used to see bunnies occasionally in my yard, but after we got Starz, they stopped coming around. I know she hasn't gotten any, but I assumed just her scent in the yard was enough to keep them away? Maybe I was wrong; who knows.

She certainly *tries* to get the birds who aren't smart enough to stay away lol!!

I really think the privacy fence will help hugely because I have one and don't really have any critter issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.