1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Horse Owners????

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Laura McNamara, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura McNamara

Laura McNamara Boxer Booster

Wow that sounds like my type of place. I wish I lived in a town like that, but our town justs keeps getting bigger and bigger, one day I will live out in the country. My hubby promises to build me a big house and a big barn one day..sleepicon But I hope it comes true but for now I will keep dreaming.

2. DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke Guest

I have recently joined this forum and am sooo happy to see fellow horse lovers here! lovicon

I own a TB gelding (Ziggy) who is my other love of my life besides my 6 month old Boxer Daisy. We compete in Dressage. I bought him 2 summers ago after I had to put my other TB down. She got kicked in the leg and broke it. (Hardest day of my life thus far...)

But anyway, I love my horse and my Boxer - she has a blast at the barn! However, she likes to run up behind Ziggy in the crossties and it scares the bejeezes out of me! The last thing I need is a 16.2 hand horse kicking my 6 month old dog.

Like I said before, it's nice to have fellow horse/Boxer lovers out there like myself!

Take care!

Natalie, Ziggy, and Daisy :p

3. boazdad

boazdad Banned

Welcome to BW! Good to have another boxer/TB lover:) I know what ya mean about the dog sneaking up on your horse! I had a lot of close calls actually with my lab and my last TB. My lab would chase the horse around and it was so cute...until my horse would turn around and chase the dog, striking out with his front legs. Talk about a heart attack! I know they were both just having fun, but it's nerve wracking sometimes.

Daisy is very lucky to grow up at the barn!

4. Tam319

Tam319 Guest

My dog Luke was not so lucky:( In May he was kicked by my horse, Magnum, and broke his foot. Poor little guy. It is still bugging him even though it is healed. There is calcification between his toes that causes him some discomfort. I hope all of your babies are safe at the barn!

Tamara

5. Rayne's Mom

Rayne's Mom Completely Boxer Crazy

Boxers & Horses...Can it get better then this??? LOL
    My first horse was a Arab qh cross, I had him from 6 months to 4 years when I sold him, same famikly still has him. I had a Qh Mare I ran barrels with , and jot classes, pole bending, keyhole etc. I dont think I can remember all the horses I had lol . I am 26 years old, and still work for the same women since I was 13, on her farm. I currently have a 6 month old Warmblood filly, I call her Pixie, but I am not sure what her AWS name will be.
    I did take Rayne to meet Pixie, and I think it went well. LOL
    Rayne licked Pixie on her muzzel and Pixie did the stud thing and lifted her lip. lol it was too cute!!! I hope they get along as the both of them get older.

Mandy

6. eksatins

eksatins Boxer Buddy

I LOVE HORSES!!

We own 2 horses.

A 8 mo. old TWH/Standerbred colt and a 1 1/2 yr. old TWH/QH/Morgan colt. Their names are Montana and Stormy.

Esther:D

7. Super Boo

Super Boo Completely Boxer Crazy

Horses

I have a 6 yr old appendix QH gelding named Jet. He shows western, english & pleasure driving. Boo has been going to horseshows since the day I got her. She is pretty good around horses--but the horses are pretty much dog broke. She can't figure out why they won't play with her. I have heard that Boxers make bad stable dogs, but she's great--even eats carrots.

8. miladka

miladka Boxer Pal

I am absolutely crazy about both boxers and horses! I have no horse on my own, however I ride every week. I started about year and 7 months ago. My husband predicts we will have a horse by the end of the year, I wish it was truth, unfortunately it is money issue too.

I am wondering how much in average you may spend on the horse.

I was always more of the city person, however now my dream is a ranch. Toby (boxer) would love it too.

9. Vela

Vela Boxer Insane

I have had horses in the past, A lovely sorrel QH mare named Lady and a black TB named Lucky's Tough. LUcky and I competed in jumping but after I got married and had kids I didn't have the time to devote to her so I had to sell her to a good home=( She found a very happy place though. I ride friend's horses right now when I have the chance becaue I have 3 kids, youngest being 7, who take up so much of my time along with my two Boxer babies that it wouldn't give me enough time to devote to a horse as well. Wouldn't be fair to anyone so I have put off getting my own again until my kids are older. My youngest loves horses as well thogh so maybe we will get back into it sooner than later too.

10. Snork

Snork Boxer Booster

A rescued TWH Billy who is a pasture ornament here, accompanied by my 8-year old competition horse (Trak).
    Boxers often remind me of horses - more so than any other breed of dog.

-snork

Last edited: Aug 13, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.