1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Horse Owners????

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Laura McNamara, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura McNamara

Laura McNamara Boxer Booster

Just wondering who else out there loves horses as much as boxers? I am for sure one of those people who love both. I have a 10 year old TB gelding. I brought our puppy to the barn with the to meet the horses for the first time. I thought he would be alittle afraid, but he was very curious and watched everything I did with the horses, he seemed very interested. I thought it was so cute.

2. bonnie

bonnie Super Boxer

I DO

I have two Tennessee Walkers, one gelding and one mare. They are both 8 yo, and unfortunately, both have foundered. My mare is not showing any effects (walking sound) but my gelding is still ouchy :(

Chelsea (our furbaby) wasn't too sure about the horses in the beginning. I don't think she knew what to make of them. Now, almost one year later (we rescued Chelsea on 4 Aug 2001), she doesn't pay any attention to the horses. She knows not to go past the fence and will sit at the gate while I am feeding/mucking out.

Hope to talk to you soon!

3. Traci H.

Traci H. Boxer Booster

I am a horse lover for sure lovicon , I have had horses all my life (I showed my first class at 3 yrs. old) until my first child was born (now have two) and just did not have the time to spend riding and caring for them. My last horse was an AQHA black gelding (appendix - half TB) named Gambler. He was my dream horse and we had a ball showing, I showed hunter-jumper and hunter under saddle. I sold him to a great lady in Texas who still has him and is showing him, a friend of mine saw them at a show and said he looks great. My mom still has broodmares and babies and I help out there, so still keep in touch with my horsey roots. My daughter (1 1/2 yrs) has a pony now, so maybe I will get back to it sooner rather than later....but I will go back to riding and showing when my kids are older.

4. Laura McNamara

Laura McNamara Boxer Booster

Well its really great to here from you guys. I glad there is more people like me out there. I just got married about 2 months ago, and I haven't had as much time to ride as I would like, but I have a 3 year old step daughter now and work and school and home keeps me very busy. One of my problems is I hate going out to the barn alone, but now that I have my puppy will have him to keep me company while I am at the barn.

I hope to hear from yall again soon.

5. Faughtey

Faughtey Banned

Hi!
    I love both too :) My Quarter Horse mare is 5 years old. She sometimes acts like she wants to stomp the dog, so I don't let Boru in the pasture with her. Not taking any chances on either one of them getting hurt. I'd love it if they could be buddies, but for now, I lock Cheyenne in the barn to let Boru romp around in the pasture for a little while. I don't show her, we just trail ride. It's nice to see another horse person at Boxerworld :)

6. Tam319

Tam319 Guest

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY HORSES!!!!!

I have 3 of my own right now, but they are 700 km away at my parent's ranch until I can arrange transport for them out to Saskatoon. I have a 12 year old Arab x QH gelding that I did Pony Club, dressage, jumping and Eventing with. His name is Magnum and he is the sweetest boy. I have two up-and-coming guys too - a 2 year old Belgian x TB x QH gelding named Thistledo and a 3 year old Trakehner x Paint gelding named Warhol.

This year I hope to start Endurance riding. It sounds like lots of fun.

My poochies LOVE going on trail rides with the horses. They run alongside us, wade through the rivers and bounce through the grass. It is great socialization for both the horses and dogs.

I think it must be some kind of connection...if you love boxers you must love horses!

Tamara

7. boazdad

boazdad Banned

I MISS RIDING SO MUCH!

It's so great to hear from all you Boxer/horse lovers! But it also makes me miss riding:( I had 3 geldings in junior high and high school, though only ever 2 at a time. My first was Dannyboy, a Quarter/TB and the SWEETEST horse alive. I loved him so much, and he'll always be special because he was the first. Next was a Quarter named Little John who was CRAZY but we had fun together. And lastly, I got a TB off the track when I was 16 named Bearly Legal, "Bear." He was 17.2 and an awesome jumper. I had to sell them when I went off to college and Bear went to a young couple who were big into stadium jumping and they eventually competed at the 5'+ level with him! I competed with him too but I sucked:p It was just for fun.

Boxers kind of remind me of horses sometimes!

8. Tam319

Tam319 Guest

I totally agree with you!!! This past weekend we were at a confirmation show and when the boxers were all trotting around the ring they reminded me SO much of sleek Thoroughbreds!!! Even the whole procedure of confirmation showing is so much like horses: the little blankets, leading them around the ring, standing them up, their "stalls" (crates), the show politics, etc. Its kind of funny! And the agility end of things reminds me a lot of show jumping and trail class!

Your horses sound so lovely!

Tamara

9. macca

macca Boxer Pal

I love both

I have two horses both Tb one 10 and the other is 6. The 6 year old hasnt done anything but is starting very well 3 and 4th from first dressage and dr + Sj day. The other is about to start novice eventing. My boxer comes out riding occassionally very handy! They can all be seen on my web page: http://groups.msn.com/KatrenaMcDonald/shoebox.msnw smashicon

10. Sadie'sMomomma

Sadie'sMomomma Guest

I LOVE horses, too! I had to sell my Palomino Quarter horse mare when I was pregnant with my 3rd child. I miss her soooo much:(
    But my husband promises to buy me a horse again when my baby starts school in 2 years. I may get a Fresian but I'm not sure, yet...The city that we live in is a very animal oriented community. Almost everyone has horses, dogs, cats, goats, pigs, ect. It is known as the "horse capital of the world". We have hitching posts everywhere even at Jack in the Box!! It is a great place to live:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.