Gunther

Super Boxer
2aiihvk.jpg

We all understand that we can never replace our babies because:

They fill our hearts
and make us glad
on days when
we are really sad!

Boxers are about Life and joy and just being Happy! The best way to recover from the lost of a Boxers is ...with a Boxer! It's just hard to be sad with that smile and those eyes in your life!

It took me awhile to post Struddell (my avatar) on the Rainbow Bridge. I had gotten her back from (Bubbling Springs) and she had been on the shelf with her buddies for two weeks,but I couldn't put her on the Bridge! I had been writing and communicating with others and that helps work threw the pain. But the truth was that putting Struddell in the Rainbow Bridge made it FINAL!

I kinda backed into it using 3rd person and got it done but it was very,very tough...

The getting another fur baby thing is always hard! The thought is we are betraying our babies!

Another Boxer can't replace your buddy but another Boxer is the best medicine in the world to help heal a broken heart!

And you have to ask your self if your life long baby would want you to continue on life's journey with a heart full of sadness and pain?

Note: And if the same color face is just to much to bear... a different color face can bring the same joy and not hurt as much.

Dedicated to all Boxer lovers who have lost there babies ,Past ,Present and sadly Future.

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK GSD 2007

Last edited:

Kisaq

Super Boxer
I am sorry for your loss. I know you're having a tough time. It is always so hard. :(

Have you ever seen this poem? It makes me cry every time I read it. Because this is EXACTLY how I feel my heart-dog Buddy would have felt - who I adopted from an Animal Control as a terribly skinny stray who couldn't keep his kibble down, and who would wake every hour with a start from night terrors, with a heart rate going faster than a freight train, who was afraid to eat because he'd thrown up so much, and who I found laying on a metal crate floor without so much as a towel to ease his arthritis - when he was 8.5 years old. We let him go to the bridge 2 years later. He was the perfect gentleman boxer.

A Dog's Last Will and Testament
(Author unknown)

Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, and give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask....

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

My happy home.
My bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
The lap which I loved so much.
The hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice which spoke my name.
I'd will to the sad scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand." Instead go find an unloved dog; one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to him.

This is the only thing I can give...the love I left behind.

It still makes me cry.
May your heart find some solace ...

WhtBoxerLuvn

Boxer Buddy
2aiihvk.jpg

We all understand that we can never replace our babies because:

They fill our hearts
and make us glad
on days when
we are really sad!

Boxers are about Life and joy and just being Happy! The best way to recover from the lost of a Boxers is ...with a Boxer! It's just hard to be sad with that smile and those eyes in your life!

It took me awhile to post Struddell (my avatar) on the Rainbow Bridge. I had gotten her back from (Bubbling Springs) and she had been on the shelf with her buddies for two weeks,but I couldn't put her on the Bridge! I had been writing and communicating with others and that helps work threw the pain. But the truth was that putting Struddell in the Rainbow Bridge made it FINAL!

I kinda backed into it using 3rd person and got it done but it was very,very tough...

The getting another fur baby thing is always hard! The thought is we are betraying our babies!

Another Boxer can't replace your buddy but another Boxer is the best medicine in the world to help heal a broken heart!

And you have to ask your self if your life long baby would want you to continue on life's journey with a heart full of sadness and pain?

Note: And if the same color face is just to much to bear... a different color face can bring the same joy and not hurt as much.

Dedicated to all Boxer lovers who have lost there babies ,Past ,Present and sadly Future.

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK GSD 2007

Our white boxer babies are playing together... I'm glad they have others to spend time with and not be alone...I miss my Lexus terribly... We have her ashes with us and framed pictures throughout the home...I watch videos I have of her on my phone, wish I had more...your picture link of struddel is aadorable, so beautiful

Gunther

Super Boxer
I am sorry for your loss. I know you're having a tough time. It is always so hard. :(

Have you ever seen this poem? It makes me cry every time I read it. Because this is EXACTLY how I feel my heart-dog Buddy would have felt - who I adopted from an Animal Control as a terribly skinny stray who couldn't keep his kibble down, and who would wake every hour with a start from night terrors, with a heart rate going faster than a freight train, who was afraid to eat because he'd thrown up so much, and who I found laying on a metal crate floor without so much as a towel to ease his arthritis - when he was 8.5 years old. We let him go to the bridge 2 years later. He was the perfect gentleman boxer.
That is so cool! Thank you for doing that! I remember a Flashy Boxer at rescue I did not get (12yrs ago) I got Gunther instead,but I always remember that dog..I hope he did OK?

A Dog's Last Will and Testament
(Author unknown)

Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, and give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask....
I had "seen" it before...this time I read it! Thanks!

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

My happy home.
My bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
The lap which I loved so much.
The hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice which spoke my name.
I'd will to the sad scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand." Instead go find an unloved dog; one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to him.

This is the only thing I can give...the love I left behind.

It still makes me cry.
May your heart find some solace ...
That is lovely thanks!

Your guy looks a lot like my baby girl...and I love that picture of him all bundled up in his winter gear!

I did animal rescue in the past, and we fostered for awhile and that's how we got Rocky (BLK GSD) at 7 months. Struddell and Gunther (BullMastiff/Mix) welcomed him without issue!
When Rocky reached "adulthood" he turned and started attacking Gunther! Gunther passed shortly after the last attack..no Rocky did not kill him, Gunther was sick and I never knew, the vet never knew,he was just very stoic and friendly and happy.

Two dogs are pets and Three dogs are a pack!

I did plenty of research on Pitts,Pitt/Mastiff/mix(AmericanBandDogges (which is what Gunther was) and Boxers! I did no research on GSD's!

Turns out what happened was not unusual, Rocky and Struddell were never and issue Rocky's his problem was with Gunther. (Rocky is a Dominate Male) I had to buy a muzzel for the first time ever!

Now I have a life long commitment to a loaded gun! He's well trained so the public is safe( I never let anyone pet him on walks for years but it turns out that's not an issue either, the vets not an issue etc. But I "never" let my guard down with him! And Aholes are out there breeding Wolfdogs!? Good luck with that!

Gunther and Struddell are now both gone, my happy dogs that welcomed everyone!:(

Roge

Boxer Insane
My sister lost her Lab in August and swore that she would never have another dog because she could not go through the pain of loss again however after about a week she said it was even more painful to come home to a house with NO dog and that the house was too quiet so she started looking at rescue sites and found George ( another Lab ) and tomorrow she is picking up Lilly ( another Lab ) she has never had two dogs but says she has now become addicted to rescues ..Her Husband is getting a little worried !!!!! ha ha .

Gunther

Super Boxer
My sister lost her Lab in August and swore that she would never have another dog because she could not go through the pain of loss again
Oh I am so sorry for your loss! Yes, my friend lost his Rotties about 15 years ago and has never gotten another doggie. Kinda sad!

however after about a week she said it was even more painful to come home to a house with NO dog and that the house was too quiet so she started looking at rescue sites and found George ( another Lab )

Yes very true, when you get home you go to the front door and before you open it you realize that a familiar face is no longer waiting to greet you!

Unfortunately for me my rescue options are limited! I went outside my familiar doggie zone,
Boxer Mixes and Bull Mastiff mixes and Boxers (Stewie/Heidi/Gunther/Struddell) RIP....All wonderful dogs that welcomed everyone into our home!

We fell in love with a 7 month old BLK GSD(with a disability) all was great, till he reached adulthood and then turned on Gunther BullMastiff Mix!

Turns out that is not unusual for the breed. And Rocky welcome no one into our home! We just fell in love. Did no research and now rescue options are limited! I love Rocky dearly and he is well trained and thus safe but...he's like a loaded gun with the safety on!

I never felt like that with my other babies! But I made a Life long commitment of course so...yeah.

and tomorrow she is picking up Lilly ( another Lab ) she has never had two dogs but says she has now become addicted to rescues ..Her Husband is getting a little worried !!!!! ha ha
. That's great I do believe that another fur baby is the way to heal!

But with rescues...they don't all leave your home! We only fostered three! You really have to have a certain level of discipline to be able to do that! It can hurt when they leave! But yeah do your research if you fall in love with a new breed!

A GSD is not a Boxer/Mix, BullMastiff/Mix, Boxer and definitely not a Lab! :)

Just a warning for her!

Last edited:

Roge

Boxer Insane
Oh I am so sorry for your loss! Yes, my friend lost his Rotties about 15 years ago and has never gotten another doggie. Kinda sad!

Yes very true, when you get home you go to the front door and before you open it you realize that a familiar face is no longer waiting to greet you!

Unfortunately for me my rescue options are limited! I went outside my familiar doggie zone,
Boxer Mixes and Bull Mastiff mixes and Boxers (Stewie/Heidi/Gunther/Struddell) RIP....All wonderful dogs that welcomed everyone into our home!

We fell in love with a 7 month old BLK GSD(with a disability) all was great, till he reached adulthood and then turned on Gunther BullMastiff Mix!

Turns out that is not unusual for the breed. And Rocky welcome no one into our home! We just fell in love. Did no research and now rescue options are limited! I love Rocky dearly and he is well trained and thus safe but...he's like a loaded gun with the safety on!

I never felt like that with my other babies! But I made a Life long commitment of course so...yeah.

. That's great I do believe that another fur baby is the way to heal!

But with rescues...they don't all leave your home! We only fostered three! You really have to have a certain level of discipline to be able to do that! It can hurt when they leave!
But yeah do your research if you fall in love with a new breed!

A GSD is not a Lab! :)

Just a warning for her!

She has always had Labs and they are what fits for her.. She is not fostering she is adopting ..like myself she is not disciplined enough to foster and would find it too hard to let go..

Gunther

Super Boxer
Aww ok I thought she was doing both rescue and adoption! Yeah when I started I did not realize how hard it would be to let them go! The first one a herding dog broke our hearts, the second was a Golden R (glad to see him go!) and Rocky!

Actually he was suppose to go but the deaL Fell through and we said that's it! Can't do it anymore to much heartbreak!

Status
Not open for further replies.