1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Animal Cops" on Animal Planet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YourFriendDeb, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YourFriendDeb

YourFriendDeb Completely Boxer Crazy

Does anyone watch this show? Its a lot like "Animal Precinct", only set in a different city (Detroit, MI). As much as it pains me to watch some of these shows, I love it when the bad guys get their due.

Case in point...a week or so ago, they get a call from a woman who said her neighbor put newborn PUPPIES in the TRASH CAN! She got two of them, and the SPCA guys went next door to talk to this woman. She said that she put the puppies in the trash can because the mother wasn't taking care of them. They get into the trash and in tied-up plastic bags, they find 13 PUPPIES!!! :eek: Amazingly, 10 of them are alive. They take them back to the Michigan Humane Society and start working on them. In the end, only two survived. They were lab mixes or something...so cute! How could anyone do that? They weren't even a day old yet!

Thank God, this woman got nailed. They came back and arrested her for animal cruelty.

I saw another episode where this guy collected cats! His house was FILTHY and the MHS came in and removed them...and he had 347 CATS IN HIS HOUSE!!!!!!!

2. Donna741

Donna741 Boxer Insane

Hubby gets mad when I watch those shows because they make me cry :LOL: but I still love watching them get the bad guys! I just wish there were more officers. At the start of one in NY they showed the statistics:
    8 million people
    5 million pets
    17 animal cops

That is what's really sad. I liked it when they were talking to one of the new guys who was a police officer for a few years before coming to the ASPCA force. He said that as rewarding as being a cop was he really wanted to be able to help those who couldn't defend themselves and that led him to the ASPCA police force.

3. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Yes, I watch this show, even though some things upset me. My hubby says that same thing "why do you watch it? I love it when they get these people, and most of them are clueless that they have done anything wrong.:o The guy with the cats - OMG - I could not believe how many there were in that house.:rolleyes: What about the Great Dane puppy the other night, who lost most of his hair due to mange! His owner said she feeds him. Big deal, didn't think that poor dog had a problem with all the hair loss. So sad, I think he was so bad they could not treat him.:(

Linda
    Ginger * June 4, 1997 / Flashy Fawn * Natural Ears queenicon

4. Az Boxr Lovr

Az Boxr Lovr Boxer Insane

Yep, I watch those shows too. I saw all the ones everybody else mentioned. Sometimes they are really sad. But it is really nice to see all those great people adopt the rescued pets. That one episode about the cats was super digusting! You never would have gotten me anywhere near that house!
    Cheryl:)

5. Trish727

Trish727 Completely Boxer Crazy

I watch them as well. I was watching one time on Animal Precinct where there must have been 600 cats in this guys house it took them two days to clear them out and I don't think they got all of them..anyway they had to put everyone of the cats down because they were all wild.:( It broke my heart......or the idiots that leave their dogs outside in the freezing cold weather and don't feed them...it makes me sooo happy when you see them two weeks later and they have gained weight and have so much love to give after what has been done to them.:)

Trish

6. Sube Ru's mom

Sube Ru's mom Guest

I watch both shows, and everytime i get upset and usually cry.

Pat doesnt understand why i continue to watch them, but to me it reinforces why i do so much with rescue and stress responsible ownership.

I would love to get a job working with the ASPCA and be an animal cop but i think with my big mouth i wouldnt last very long, i would be kicking to many butts.

It is amazing what people can do to animals and feel no remorse. the great dane upset me a LOT, and they put the puppy to sleep. the lady didnt want to get rid of the dog because she paid a lot of money for it $100.00 PLEASE!!! *ITCH!

I cried when they put the puppy to sleep. Senseless and needless deaths.

7. jess

jess Boxer Booster

I watch them both but get more upset with Animal Cops. I know they don't have police power like the animal control officers in NY and probably don't have the funding either but some things about the show irritate me. The Dane puppy was one of them volunteering for rescue myself I have seen dogs that have had mange as badly as he did make a full recovery. I was upset that they just put him down without even trying to cure him if they didn't have the funds they could have at least tried contacting someone who did or a Dane rescue group. Yes the boy was itchy and mange is unpleasent but it is usually treatable if given time. The other thing that irritates me is they put down all pits be it a 6 week old puppy or an older dog I understand dog fighting is a problem in that area but it is other places as well and I don't agree that all pits should be condemed to a death sentence without being given the benifit of a chance to prove they can be a loving pet. I just don't agree with condeming a whole breed for the action of a few dogs and a handful of idiots who choose to fight them. I do respect the fact that they are doing the best they can with what they have but can say I much prefer Animal Precinct over the Animal Cops show at least they try to give all the animals a fair chance unless of course they are fighting birds and they at least act upset over having to put them down unlike Animal Cops where they act like there is nothing wrong with killing the dog because of it's breed and act like that is the only solution. Sorry I'll step off my high horse now but that isn't how I think rescue should be if you are going to help animals it should be all animals and all should recieve equal treatment until they as an individual prove otherwise. Am I the only one who thinks this maybe I'm just to sensitive about these things.

8. Sube Ru's mom

Sube Ru's mom Guest

Hey Jess-
    I thought the same thing about the Dane puppy and as i am crying i am wailing to my husband "WHY???" it can be treated, i dont understand".. i was devasted :(
    Re: the pit bulls, i felt really bad for them also. But the SPCA in Anne Arundel County (county i live in) is the same thing, they put down pits. I think sometimes it is because they dont know the breeding that these dogs have and when you have a 6 week old puppy with a reputation that pits do rather then adopt them out and risk some kid getting bitten and them being sued it is easier to put them down.
    I dont know that is just what i think :( sad though

9. D'sMom

D'sMom Super Boxer

Nope can't watch either of these shows because it down right P!SS#S me off!! Along with alot of swearing and crying i have to force myself to change the channel :(

I know that they do catch the bad guys however in the end they get a couple nights in jail and a couple hundred or less in fines. Not enough punishment in my book! Especially the abuse some of those animals endured :( oohhh makes me ticked just thinkging about it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.