1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American vs. German bred

Discussion in 'Boxer Standard' started by sjosephy, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjosephy

sjosephy Boxer Pal

I have heard that Boxers can be bred in/from the American or German style/line. I cant seem to find solid information on this topic. I would like to know more about their differences. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

2. Matt S

Matt S Boxer Insane

3. Solis

Solis Boxer Pal

German/Euro

If you want to learn more about the difference between German/European(they all follow the FCI standard) boxers checkout this great website www.euro-boxers.com it has great articles on this subject. Hope this helps!

4. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

It's simple enough. American-bred Boxers (or American-line) Boxers are those that were bred in America, or whose direct ancestors are American. German-bred (or German-line) are those whose direct ancestors are German. German "style" Boxers in the US are simply the product of charlatans trying to get more money for their dogs. "Euro-Boxers" are apparently those from anywhere in Europe (except the UK), and the differences between one Euro Boxer and another can be more pronounced than the differences between a North American Boxer and a German one.

There are also several, several discussions in the archives on this topic. A simple forum search will give you more information than you ever wanted to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.