allergic reaction??

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvfrankie

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hi all,
My james is having a little trouble recently.....

about 8weeks ago after a trip to the beach for some off lead fun time i noticed these horrible red lumps/welts- they were very large, red and puss filled. All the hair around the lumps fell out too. The lumps were only on his chin and his jowls. I went to the vet and i was given anti-biotics, a face scrub and a cream. After a wk the lumps on his jowls disappeared but the ones on his chin didnt. The vet said the lay off the beach for a while and we did until this weekend- but an hour after the beach the lumps were back.

Initially the vet thought it was due to a large whale carcass being present on the beach but after 8wks they are back again (to clarify james did not touch the whale or go anywhere near it- we walked on passed it before he was let off but the vet thinks that a bird may have dropped some decomposing whale and james touched off it)

The only things present on the beach are sand, salt water and foam from a rough sea- could my boy be allergic to any of these things- he loves his beach and i really dint want to take this joy away form him!

Any experience or ideas greatly appreciated!

TwoDogs

Boxer Insane
I would think Ireland would be too cold for sand fleas. It is my understanding they are a tropical problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.