All those computer wires??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering - Jolie spends quite a bit of time in here with me, noseying around all my "stuff" while I am on the computer. The books and papers I can move up a bit, but, wll the wires are another matter. She sleeps on my feet a good bit and all the computer wires are right here. It makes me nervous cause she is rapidly entering the chewing stage. Nothing is safe. Any helpful pearls about how to keep her away from the wires???

Michael

Boxer Pal
Keep your puppy occupied with its favorite toys so that it isn't as interested in the wires. Personally I try to keep my Liberty out of my computer room. Good Luck!

Linda

Boxer Insane
I don't have that problem, but one thing you may try...
cover the wires with a length of PVC pipe (the plastic plumbers pipe). Get an appropriate length, then cut it lengthwise so you can slip it over the wires.
I believe office supply stores sell similar things for covering and keeping wires and cords together.

Probably the best advice is to keep her occupied with a toy or something else while she's near the computer.
Good luck!

Tulsa-Dan

Your Friendly Moderator
The piping is a good idea. I took masking tape and taped over most of mine. The ones I can't hide or cover, I just keep an close eye on my little chew-hound and tell her "no" firmly whenever she starts sniffing wires (mouse cord, keyboard cord, etc.). She moves away and by now, doesn't seem very interested in them. She prefers my books and carpet to chew on. Tastier.

I also keep some of her toys (actually, she put her blankie and her toys next to my computer chair), so when she wants to play, I can play with her while at my computer and give her alternative toys when she starts showing interest in wires and things that could get her in trouble.

Good luck.

------------------
Dan from Brooklyn
Proud Pappa to Maggie Mae
Born 6/16/00
Flashy Fawn, docked tail, natural ears.
Pictures: http://www.d-batt.com/Maggie.html

Brenda

Harley doesn't bother my computer wires but constantly gets tangled up in my daughter's Nintendo wires. He races through the house with the wires wrapped around his legs, dragging the game machine after him. It took three such assaults on the Nintendo before my daughter remembered to put it up on the shelf after using it.

LOL, Dan! Dontcha know that when Maggie eats your books that she's just trying to digest a little knowledge?! As for the carpeting, every doggy needs their daily dose of fiber!! :D :D

------------------
Brenda
Boxer Baby: Harley - born 12/27/98 - adopted 1/08/2000 - docked tail/natural ears/neutered - full of pee & vinegar!

Tulsa-Dan

Your Friendly Moderator
[LOL, Dan! Dontcha know that when Maggie eats your books that she's just trying to digest a little knowledge?! As for the carpeting, every doggy needs their daily dose of fiber!! :D :D
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I knew she was smart, but who knew you could eat your way through War & Peace? I also have to fight her for control of the remote now too. What a dog!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.