Alaska back country

bxrbgood

Boxer Insane
12mi off the only road through the area, 60mi from the nearest small town. Alaska is beautiful ,even if remote. These are cell phone pics, sorry for the poor quality. That's a glacier in the back ground of the shot with the UTV. The other is a caribou running across the trail in front of us.

Attachments

• Eureka 8mi in.c.jpg
    Eureka 8mi in.c.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 20

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I did an Alaskan cruise two years ago. We drove from Anchorage to Seward. It was one of the most beautiful drives I have ever taken. I hope to one day come back in a RV and do a bit more exploring.

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
12mi off the only road through the area, 60mi from the nearest small town. Alaska is beautiful ,even if remote. These are cell phone pics, sorry for the poor quality. That's a glacier in the back ground of the shot with the UTV. The other is a caribou running across the trail in front of us.

Where In Alaska were you in these pics? I went to the Manatuska Glacier on Saturday and as we were leaving a truck was pulling in with 2 boxers! I was so sad that I did not get to pet them ... I was missing my boy and needed a boxer fix :(

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
Where In Alaska were you in these pics? I went to the Manatuska Glacier on Saturday and as we were leaving a truck was pulling in with 2 boxers! I was so sad that I did not get to pet them ... I was missing my boy and needed a boxer fix :(

haha I should have stated above that I know this pic was from nearly 2 weeks ago ... I was just wondering if you lived in the same area that I was in.... Or maybe at the Glacier (if even that same) Saturday ... We stayed in Palmer and have family in Both Palmer and Wasillia :)

bxrbgood

Boxer Insane
haha I should have stated above that I know this pic was from nearly 2 weeks ago ... I was just wondering if you lived in the same area that I was in.... Or maybe at the Glacier (if even that same) Saturday ... We stayed in Palmer and have family in Both Palmer and Wasillia :)
Sorry I'm so late. We live in Anchorage. The pics are a few miles northeast of Matanuska glacier, towards Glenn Allen.
Your family in the Matanuska valley will know where Eureka lodge is. We were 12 miles back from the highway. It's so fun riding there. All the old mining roads go everywhere.
When I take my Boxers I usually have to take three. :)

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
oh my I would love riding all of the old mining roads! Alaska is BEAUTIFUL that is for sure .... I will be going again next summer and cant wait ... the last trip my nephew was getting married and it was CRAZY busy with the wedding and 2 families coming together. We did get to enjoy some exploring and some fishing but next time we will get to do so much more.