AKC/CKC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWilson

Super Boxer
I have a question and I need help finding the answer...Upon looking at a pedigree for a litter of boxer puppies that is due this August I noticed something on the papers and I knew that I could come here to find the correct answer. Both the sire and dam are AKC registered but when I was looking at the pedigree I noticed that the sires father was AKC but the dam was CKC...I assume that it means the mother to the sire was registered through the Canadian Kennel Club am I correct?? Or is that even possible to register I litter through the American Kennel Club if the sire was registered AKC and the dam was registered CKC (Canadian Kennel Club)??

Mader

Boxer Booster
KWilson:

Your main concern should be, is the litter registered? Are you looking at pedigree papers? or the dogs actual AKC registration for both Dam and Sire?

If the breeder doesn't have the litter registered, they should supply you with both the dam and sires Reg # (proof that they are both registered before the litter can be)

CKC could also stand for a Continental Kennel Club which has NO connection to Canada or the US

KWilson

Super Boxer
Yes both the sire and dam of the upcoming litter are AKC registered and the litter will be registered as well. On the breeders site she has a link to the sire's certified pedigree and on the pedigree for this sire's grandfather when I look under his name AKC is listed along with his Id number and DNA info. But for the sire's grandmother CKC is listed under her name along with her ID number...it is just throwing me off a little.

And I know that there are two CKC registries the Canadian and continental Kennel Club. The Canadian being an apporved kennel club just like the AKC..
And the Continental is one used by BYB and Puppy Mills...

That being said I know that if you were to breed an AKC registered dog to a CKC (Continental) registered dog you wouldn't be able to register the litter of pups with the AKC but you could with the CKC (Continental).

But if you were to breed an AKC registered dog to a CKC (Canadian) registered dog then would you be able to register that litter with the AKC or does the same regulations apply...?

That is my question lol..hope that makes more sense then my last post. :o

Mader

Boxer Booster
CKC (canada) is one of many foreign clubs connected with the AKC, they will allow the registration, they just show on the pedigree that the dog is currently registered outside of AKC

Status
Not open for further replies.