Airplane travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy's mom

Boxer Insane
I know nothing, or pretty close to it about traveling by plane. Now we are going to travel to Seattle on Friday to visit our eldest son. Woohoo! We've never been there and know it's going to be a hoot. I'm aware that shampoo, makeup, all should be packed in the bag that's checked, no problem.

Here's my real question. I'm taking him some cheese and Grandpa has made him some homemade jerky and hot-sticks. Can I take that on the plane in a small cooler? Traveling Midwest Express. The few times I've flown, they have been hands down my favorite.

Any thoughts or advice more than welcome.

Any place we need to see in Seattle or Tacoma while we are out there? He stationed in Seattle, lives in Tacome and we have 10 days.

Thanks a lot,
Sandy

Indy's mom

Boxer Insane
Youngest son is going to come and live with Indy, Miks is Indy's favorite person in the world anyway, so all is good in his little world. He'll go to daycare a couple of the days and Mike will spoil him silly. This dog really won't suffer too much. Thanks for asking. :)

simmons

Boxer Insane
Hmmm.....I am really not sure if security will allow a small cooler on board. Just to be on the safe-side, you can always call the airline........maybe they can tell you.

I've been to Seattle once and went to the "Market" you know where they throw the big fish around? It's a really interesting place.

Enjoy your time, I am sure you will with your son!!!! It's nice knowing that Indy will be well taken care of huh? One less thing you'll have to worry about.

BTW, you can bring small-travel size containers on your carry-on. Like your make-up, liquid soap, shampoo & cond., etc.... It just can't be the large bottles, those have to be checked in.

Have a great time!!!

BXRBESTFRIND

Super Boxer
make sure all your shampoo toothpaste etc etc are in small bottles I had my toothpaste thrown away last month because it was too big. A cooler should be fine as long as you dont bring a large container of liquid. I would suggest the cooler be one of your carry on items.

Have fun on your trip make sure you bring your rain coat!

K8IE

Boxer Insane
I would most definitely call first, that will save you having to deal with a big fiasco at check in. Good luck and have a great trip! My sister and BIL are moving back to Seattle this Dec and I haven't been in years, I can't wait to go visit them. It is such a neat city! :)

kidzarme

Boxer Insane
Even if you call ahead to ask questions, it may not hurt to have a 'back-up' plan if possible, just in case. I was flying with my daughter in Sept. Houston/Orlando/Memphis and we used the same company on two flights and the second time, they would only let us have ONE carry on each. No matter that we'd been on an earlier flight with the same company which allowed us two each.We were at the boarding gate when they told us, so had to do some quick switching around! They considered our purses, the one carry on allowed! I had to throw away aerosol deodorant and hair gel tube from a carry on with another flight. Good luck.

Indy's mom

Boxer Insane
Thanks for all of the tips. We're checking our luggage with shampoo, etc. Carry on will be the very small cooler with cheese, treats from grandparents and of course my purse. I contacted the airline as was suggested and they were very helpful.

This is going to be so much fun. Will be meeting his new girlfriend for the first time. This one emails me all of the time and just sounds like she is a hoot. Says the nicest things about my son (always a very good sign!) but also sounds like she has lots of 'life' to her as well. Most of all, he just sounds very happy when he talks about her. He's my eldest, so I'm inclined to be a bit picky, not that I would be protective at all of my precious middle son or my baby boy...wackicon

I'll fill you all in when I get back. Thanks loads for the help.

Sandy

Kaybie's Mom

Boxer Insane
Thanks for all of the tips. We're checking our luggage with shampoo, etc.

Just another suggestion. I always put lotions/shampoo/conditioners and such in a ziplock bag in my checked baggage. The baggage compartment is not pressurized and I've had my shampoo/conditioner explode inside my luggage.......that made for a very pretty mess. Now I always take the extra precaution and just put things like that in a ziplock just in case. Have a fun trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.