Afraid of the sprinkler???

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elsa

Ruby loves the beach and will go in the ocean and was even pulled out into a rip current and swam safely out of it but she does not like water being sprayed on her (a sprinkler or the garden hose to cool her down)??? Are Boxers naturally afraid of water? She'll drink out of a sprinkler and get water on her face but only if she's super desperate for a drink, like on walks.

------------------
-Elsa

Ruby- Flashy Fawn, Black Mask,Cropped, 5/1998

Billysmum

Boxer Insane
Our Boxer, Billy, loves to paddle in the lake, but he will not swim. If you throw a stick in just a little too far he won't go to get it and our 6 mth rottie gets it for him. However, he loves the hose pipe and sprinkler, and is quite good and standing in the bath to have a shower.

------------------
helen
Billy, 3.5 yrs red/white dog, black face, docked tail
Tommy, 6 mth Rottweiler dog

Brenda

Hi, Elsa! Our Harley absolutely hates water!! He will walk 10 feet out of his way to prevent stepping in a tiny puddle. He also hides on the deck whenever we turn on the sprinkler. We've tried throwing his ball out into the yard and he'll run to retrieve it but the second a drop of water hits his back he bolts for the deck. When he reaches "safety" he stands looking up at the sky in search of the source of the dreaded water droplets!!
biggrin.gif

http://www.geocities.com/firefly_ca_2000/

------------------
Brenda
Boxer Baby: Harley - born 12/27/98 - adopted 1/14/2000 - docked tail/natural ears/neutered - full of pee & vinegar!

Bxrlvr in KC

Boxer Booster
Clyde loves the sprinkler. As long as we let him, he will jump in the air to "bite" the water streams. He also loves to step on the sprinkler and try to stop the water from coming out! He's so cute that I've had to get the Camcorder out and tape him doing it!
biggrin.gif
We bought a plastic kiddie pool for him last weekend since it had been soo hot here and he loves that, too. He even dives for toys. This is the funniest cuz he gets himself all psyched up, breathing real heavy, then plunges his head under water to get the toy. When he comes up, he's shoots water out his nose and jumps out of the pool, racing around the yard like he's doing a victory lap!
biggrin.gif
Too funny!

BTW, he hates baths! Go figure.

------------------
Michelle

Mom to:
Clyde - Flashy fawn male, natural ears, 3/28/98
Cricket - Beautiful rescued black mutt, 1/98

Gillian D

Boxer Buddy
Ok... Cooper loves the water and it does not matter where it is coming from...he knows the hose and sprinkler and he loves it!!! He attacks it.. our fav.. thng is to throw his toys right at the sprinkler and watch him try to get them while not getting wet!!! once he saves the toy he dives at the sprinkler as if to tell it off!!! He is amazing to watch in the lake as we throw rocks in and he literally dives under...body and all looking for them! and he will not come up until he has something.. I swear he is part Portuguese Water dog (hubby is Portuguese!).. even the shower.. we have to tell him 20x during our showers that it is Mummy or Daddy's turn in there.. not his.. he tries to get in every time!.. well at least he is a clean boy!

------------------
Cooper:male flashy fawn- thinks he is Jaques Cousteau
MacGregor:male, Black masked Brindle- Mama's suckie Boy
Tristan:male Flashy Brindle... in Heaven - 28/02/96 cancer

Lisa M

Completely Boxer Crazy
I think every dog is different. Sumi loves to swim in lakes and pools but HATES rain and sprinklers. I remember our boxers when I was little (Brandy and Rocky) would jump and leap into the hose spray when my dad would be washing his car but they didn't like swimming in the water.

------------------
mama to:
-Sumi, 7 yr. old lab mix "pound puppy"
-Getting boxer baby soon

cin heier

Boxer Pal
Buckaroo loves the creek at the dog run, his kiddy pool and likes his bathes. But heaven forbid if he can't jump over a puddle and has to walk through a sprinkler...Guess you gotta be cool

MarinaS

Boxer Insane
Like many of your boxer babies, Tina likes swimming but hates rain. But what she is really afraid of is her anti-flea/ticks spray. I don't know what it is - its sound or the feeling, but she rushes from me each time I start spraying her with this stuff
biggrin.gif

------------------
Marina (Lelu)

ZEUS' Proud PaPa

Boxer Buddy
Zeus loves the water, especially the boys "Bubble Whale" sprinkler toy. It is a plastic whale that you put bubbles in, attach it to the hose, and out come bubbles and a sprinkler like effect. All three of them will play with it for hours. Zeus gets down in his praying/sphinx position and barks at it as if to say..."Come on Mr. Whale, is that all you've got." He loves chasing after the bubbles and popping them with his paws and in his mouth LOL.

------------------
Todd & ZEUS 4/5/00 Fawn male, cropped, docked, white toes and "goatee."

Pat

Boxer Booster
Morgan goes just nuts when I turn the sprinkler on. She attacks it like shes going to rip it apart! She tears the lawn up so much around it tho, I have to turn it off or put her in the patio.

Pat: Morgans Mom-2yr old fe fawn

Status
Not open for further replies.