1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice: Tally ate a bag full of ketchup packets!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by mark22, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark22

mark22 Boxer Pal

My 4 month old managed to sneak past me and eat several ketchup and mayonaise packets from the local chick-fil-a. I didn't even realize it until she just threw up a pile of them. She seems fine and is full of energy and immediately wanted to eat again, but I'm just worried. What if one one packet is still inside? Should I take her to the vet for xrays or just wait and see what happens?

Thanks as always for your advice.

2. BXR RYD

BXR RYD Boxer Booster

I would at least call the vet.
    I learned a long time ago not to panic and see if it passes first....if it doesnt then panic:eek:
    You will just need to keep an eye on her and see if she eats and drinks.

Arley got in my purse the other night and ate (yes ate) a whole pack of juicy fruit gum, wrappers and all and I just knew that would clog him up, but nope.

It's amazing what they can eat

smashicon smashicon smashicon

Good Luck

Kodie, Cooper & Arley

3. sashamygirl

sashamygirl Super Boxer

Sasha at 3 months ate alot of gum outta my purse to but she was fine i was terrifed Jenn and Sasha:)

4. anbuh

anbuh Boxer Booster

When Chaos was about 3 months old he ate his leather collar!!! I was frantic!! Called everyone I know and the next morning by husband brought it to me on a stick!! LOL
    anbuh

5. mark22

mark22 Boxer Pal

Thanks everyone for your stories about your dogs. Tally threw up a total of three times and about 10 or so ketchup and mayonaisse packets, mostly empty but a few still intact :) She never skipped a meal and everything seems to flow through just as normal, with the exception that she had abnormally bad gas for a day. I guess that's what a pile of ketchup and mayo does to her system. Silly dog :)

6. anbuh

anbuh Boxer Booster

This story about condiments makes me laugh!! Maybe some fries would have helped!!
    anbuh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.