1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adopting today!

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Rbastedo, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

Congrats on your new addition appicon . Can't wait to see pictures :) .

2. NeaHead

NeaHead Boxer Pal

Congrats!

Yay for you and your new family member, I'm planning to adopt soon as well so I'm glad to hear the positive stories! :) Can't wait to see a picture!

3. Rbastedo

Rbastedo Boxer Buddy

Just uploaded some pictures to Picasa:

Picasa Web Albums - NewPuppy

She is starting to get used to us, it's going to take work but she's a keeper!

4. Althea

Althea Completely Boxer Crazy

She is beautiful! What a gorgeous girl. So glad you have a great new addition!!

5. djheitz

djheitz Boxer Insane

She's beautiful! Congratulations on your new addition :)

6. auntthelm

auntthelm Boxer Insane

She is a beauty. Congratulations!!

7. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

She is beautiful lovicon and they look very cute together! Glad everything is going so well!

8. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

What a pretty girl......just beautiful. The two pups look so happy together.

9. Rbastedo

Rbastedo Boxer Buddy

Thatcher is having a midlife crisis, he's got one of those "hey I'm kinda out of shape" realizations hitting him. She just runs circles around him and he knows it.
    This is really good for him in so many ways, exercise is definitely one of them!

She gets scared at any loud noises, and any correction of anyone - the kids and Thatcher need to be corrected occasionally and this gets her worked up. We are trying to keep our corrections nice and quiet but she knows what's happening and it frightens her. She's very tuned in to everything, I know it's frightening to be taken from the place you grew up and planted somewhere new.

Her previous family was an older retired couple, things were always very quiet. I doubt she ever saw another Boxer from the time she left her mother.

In many ways she is absolutely fabulous, but she really has to catch up on socialization. We will be getting her out to experience some new things, I'm sure she will settle in and get used to her new surroundings.

She seems to really love the freedom of getting to go out to the back yard and run and play keep away from Thatcher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.