A little girl has found her new home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJZMOM

Boxer Booster
Hooray!! fiestaicon

That is wonderful news!! I've read repeated posts about introducing them on neutral territory - maybe in a park or front yard or something.

Have a wonderful holiday and hopefully all the company won't make you and them crazy foolicon

marciafinn

Boxer Insane
Congratulations on your new furbaby! I am so excited for you & your family! She is such a sweety...keep us posted!

jazzyboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hooray for Sugar!! She will be eternally appreciative for the second chance you are giving her. We got our little rescue girl, Jazz from a similar situation. Hungry, underweight, not socialized much. She bonded with our immediate family quickly, but it's been 7 months and she still is wary of people she doen't know, particularly men. The first few weeks we kept things as calm as we could so she could settle in.

Maybe this is true with a lot of boxers, but Jazz would be ROUND if we let her eat as much as she wanted...wonder if this has to do with the year and a half of not knowing when or if any food was coming.

Good luck with your BEAUTIFUL new family member!

Faith (& Jazz)

Bella'sMom

Super Boxer
Congratulations! Wow how exciting! I would definately keep things quiet, maybe keep Sugar in another room crated away from guest, it may be a lot for her... Good luck and keep us updated on her progress!:)

austin02

Boxer Booster
She's home!

Sugar is home with us and adjusting very well. I've posted pictures on our member gallery Austin02. She and Austin play so much and we didn't realize how vocal she is! Everytime Travis gets home, she talks to him and makes sounds like an ewok (star wars, someone used that same description before!). She also does not like being barked at. She will bark and continue to bark at any dog that barks at her or crosses her path. How do you get them to focus rather than bark at every dog she hears and sees?

We just finished her kibble food (she was on Natural Balance from the rescue) and just switched her over to BARF. She loves it and is always wanting more and/or finishing Austin's bowl! They play until we go to sleep and if they had the opportunity, they would continue into the night!

Do any of yours wrestle all the time versus playing with toys? Austin and Sugar love playing tug-of-war with their rope toy, but for the most part they just lay on the ground and wrestle each other. It sounds and looks a little scary, but they are having way too much fun!

Thanks again for all your nice words and we will definitely keep you updated on how she does! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

partyicon

Bella'sMom

Super Boxer
Sugar and Austin look great together! What sweet faces.

I was just reading about teaching a dog to "Quiet", it was in the book, The Other End of the Leash. The author said to go to the dog that's barking and put a hand on them and say, "Quiet". Then redirect then with treat in the opposite direction and say, "Good quiet". We have started working on this with Bella. The key here is the dog will not bark if not facing the item(dog etc) they were barking at in the first place. Hope this was clear... Good Luck and again Congratulations!

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
What a wonderful rescue story! Congratulations! I took a peek in your gallery and both Austin and Sugar are so cute.
Pam and Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.