1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A downhill turn for Caesar

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by matilda8255, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matilda8255

matilda8255 Boxer Insane

For those of you who don't already know Caesar is in remission from Lymphoma. A few days ago my BF and I noticed the right side of his face above his eye had suffered some serious muscle wasting. We are truly unsure if it developed over time or happened suddenly because he has lost weight from chemo but we both noticed the same day. I called my reg. vet yesterday (he gives me free phone consultations;) ) and he said it sounded like something was blocking the nerve most likely a tumor.

Today was C's second to last chemo chemo appt. My BF and I spent 3 hours waiting while my very busy oncologist confered with a neurologist about C. From the description they feel it is probably a sarcoma on the nerve sheath or the lymphoma spreading (not as likely). It is probably un-operable even if C was a candidate for surgery. We have an appt. with the neurologist on Wed. My oncologist did some tests and his cornea is not responding as it should be.

She feels it is a slow moving tumor and will probably not cause him too much pain before the lymphoma comes back but my reg. vet disagrees and thinks it will eventually affect his hearing, eye, he may get a drooping face and could have difficulty swallowing. He said these things could already be affecting him. We are hoping for the best but are not sure if we are willing to spend $850 on the MRI if it is un-operable and the lymphoma is going to come back. We got some non steriod pain killers for him that contain no sedatives (expensive :o) and will hope he doesn't go downhill too fast. Will update on Wed. after the consultation.

Send those healing BW vibes our way :)

Stephanie & Gang

2. cashisking

cashisking Boxer Insane

I'm so sorry Stephanie..

Sending <<HEALING VIBES>> to C.

And <HUGS> to you

Jenn & Cash

3. bustermom

bustermom Boxer Insane

Maggie is tossing her dish and favorite tennis ball into a suitcase and hopping a plane so she can come give Caesar some personal attention. She's convinced that a few well-placed licks will set him right and make him feel better. :)

((((Hugs)))) to you, Stephanie, from all of us out here. Keeping all fingers, toes and paws crossed that the consultation brings reassuring news.

Sending lots of healing ~~vibes~~ to one of our favorite canine seniors.

- Gloria

4. matilda8255

matilda8255 Boxer Insane

Thanks guys!! myrocky - I realize I probably should have put this in community support..... ;)

Stephanie

5. diego's heart

diego's heart Boxer Insane

Holding Caesar in our prayers lovicon ~ Lisa and Diego

6. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

We are sending Caesar positive healing vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linda & Ginger

7. debbie knowles

debbie knowles Boxer Insane

Steph,
    I am so sorry to hear this news about the Big C-man...he has done so well and been through so much. You know we will be praying for all of you and sending all the loving , healing feel better vibes we can muster. Please give him a big hug for me and the boys, OK! Take care...we are thinking of you.

Caesar,
    You hand in there big boy..you are such an inspiration to all of us and we do hope you get to feeling better soon! djk

8. luvfritz

luvfritz Boxer Pal

Stephanie - I will keep Caesar in my prayers for healing vibes. I saw him in your gallery - he's very handsome, poor baby.

Barbara

9. harley'smama

harley'smama Boxer Insane

<<<<VIBES>>>>> to you all. Hope you feel better soon Ceasar! You're in our prayers...

10. boxer4

boxer4 Boxer Insane

Sending big boxer love to Caesar.
    We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers that this is just a minor set back.
    Get well soon big "C"
    lovicon
    Peg, Jan, Brandi, Caesar, Jake & Maggie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.