80 Dogs Found Living in Inhumane Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Badassboxer

Believe it or not, I actually feel sorry for these people too because when they were interviewed, they were not "right" in the head, you could tell by their expressions and reasoning when questioned by the media. What I'm most p/o'ed about is why didn't the neighbors do something!!! They interviewed one neighbor and she just complained about the smell! :mad: I wanted to jump through that TV and strangle her! The dogs were found to be malnourished and not vaccinated. How sad.

http://www.azfamily.com/cgi-bin/news/news50.pl?action=article&id=4813.txt

If the link doesn't work, try

AZFamily.com
or
ArizonaRepublic.com

BTW The story say neighbors have been calling, but the news said different. I know for a fact, that if you call Phoenix PD, they will come out and investigate and call the AZ Humane Society.

[This message has been edited by Badassboxer (edited 12-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Badassboxer (edited 12-15-2000).]

Nikki's Mom

Boxer Booster
Unbelievable, Did they say what kind of dogs? Was there any later mention of their health? That is terrible.

------------------
Jennifer,
Nikita (Nikki) - White female born 8/1/93
www.nikita_boxer.homestead.com/nikki.html

Andie

Boxer Buddy
In defense of the neighbors - My mother use to have a neighbor that lived there when we moved there (20 something yrs ago). She always had a heart for animals but over the years she became excessive. She ended up quiting her job & becomming a full time volunteer for PALS (community dog shelter). She proceeded to bring all these animals home. She pulled up her carpet - no air/heat. At one time we counted something like 10 dogs in the back yard & she still had dogs/cats in her house. We did everything possible! We contacted the community ass., animal control, health control & even the news. NOTHING HAPPENED!! The smell was horrible, fleas made it so we could not even go in our back yard. She finally filed bankrupcy and left. We battled this for about 5 years.

B

Badassboxer

I don't feel sorry for them anymore, they took all but six of the dogs away from these people and evicted them from the home they were renting. Then over the weekend (just a few days later) the same couple was found in an abandon home with TEN dogs!

I'm not sure but I believe the state is holding the couple now and said they had some kind of mential illness that involves hoarding animals. I hope they get help.

As for the neighbors, later reports in the news (TV) agreed with the paper about reports being filed (I thought for SURE the Police would be able to do something about that, I guess not :( )

JoAnn

Super Boxer
Is Arizona a magnet for situations like this, I think if I am counting right that is about the 6 or 7th case of animal neglect I have heard this year. We had a case like that here a few months ago, I can't remember the details, but I know that the neighbors had been trying to get someone to come out there for quite awhile. Finally when they got there the dogs and cats were actually eating each other. About a month ago one of those dogs a beautiful purebred Husky named Samson was up for adoption at Petsmart, I kept going back to look at him, finally one day my hubby decided to adopt him, right when we got there someone had just signed the papers to take him. A week later he was back, the people had lied and said they didn't have cats, the incident they told me was to horrible to discuss. By that time my daughter had already adopted her Chihuahua pup so it was too late. How sad for him. Sorry to go on, it just makes me feel so bad for these animals. A lot of people think they are doing a good thing by keeping so many pets, they figure it keeps them out of the Control centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.