1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8.5 year old insatiable hunger

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by jenc, Aug 28, 2019.

1. jenc

jenc Boxer Buddy

I have two 8.5 yr old littermates. Neither have really been into food. The past couple weeks, our female has been extremely hungry and thirsty. She has never been like this. She steals her brother’s food, stands under my 8 mo old’s high chair when he eats (third kid, so this is not normal) and I just caught her in our pantry trying to get into treats. She’s acting fine and doesn’t seem in pain, but just really hungry and really thirsty. She seems like she is gaining weight too. Any thoughts?

2. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Thyroid, Cushings, Diabetes. Vet check in order for sure! Sometimes with thyroid issues it can also affect their personality, at least with my girl Cami it did. She became nervous of pretty much any sound that she was previously ok with. Some say they can become aggressive too. For sure something going on with your girl.

3. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Ditto to what Cami said. I would get her checked by your vet. Hopefully it is nothing serious.