1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 month old weight?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Manzer, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manzer

Manzer Boxer Pal

My Parker scnabble is 5.5 months old and is 45 pounds. My vet is telling me he is under weight still. He is 21.5 inchs tall aat the shoulder. Is this a healthy size weight ratio? I see my dog every day and he looks healthy to me. I am feeding him large breed puppy food by nutrience.

2. whiskers

whiskers Boxer Insane

Can you feel ribs? Spine? Hip bones? There's really no ratio to go by, they're all built a little differently so there's quite a bit of variation even among dogs of the same breed/height. He's still a young puppy so he's going to be pretty lanky for a while, until he's an adult and starts to fill out. You say he looks fine, which is probably true. I wouldn't worry unless his bones are becoming prominent.

3. smoresmore

smoresmore Boxer Buddy

My pup is 8 months and almost 2 weeks ago, when I had him neutered, he weighed in at 42.3 pounds. And he is a LARD!

:D

4. TysonsMyBoy

TysonsMyBoy Boxer Buddy

My Molly is about 5.5 months and weighs 34 pounds and she looks great! Every dog is different but your pups weight sounds fine to me!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.