1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4month old with foul/fishy/metallic smelling discharge.

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by ohioboxr, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohioboxr

ohioboxr Boxer Pal

Well, Miss Mia is having a foul fishy/metallic odor discharge vaginally, I even noticed her urine(she had an accident on the linolium, and her urine smelled fishy) have missed the vet today...just curious anyone have a idea what this may be?
    I have tried to search the internet, finding very darn little.
    There is NO changes in eating, activity etc.
    Just pretty ickie. Any thoughts would be welcome.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit Boxer Insane

3. Layla's Mom

Layla's Mom Super Boxer

Sounds like a UTI--My Layla had one once as I believe they are fairly common in female boxers. Our vet put her on a dose of antibiotics and it did the trick. You could also do a search on here about them and get tons of info.

Good luck!

Taryn and Layla

4. ohioboxr

ohioboxr Boxer Pal

I have skimmed through all the links posted. However, that being said, the question still remains for me. Does a UTI produce the foul odors?
    Just an obsessing momma.......:)

5. Krikkit

Krikkit Boxer Insane

Yes indeed, it can. UTI's do vary between dogs, but the strong odour is a good indication that Mia may have this...

I think most of us here are obsessing Boxer parents :)

Sharon

6. bigears

bigears Boxer Booster

I had a female lab mix who smelled metallic when her anal sac needed to be drained...or at least that was according to a vet I no longer use. I remember it vividly--made me absolutely sick to my stomach. It was strongest when she came inside after time outdoors.

7. ohioboxr

ohioboxr Boxer Pal

Well tomorrow after work its of to the vet we go...
    Thank you all for the replies...l will go in there with a better understanding of what is occuring.
    Thanks a million all!!:)

8. jaimie

jaimie Boxer Insane

Baylee has had this problem many times and it sounds just like a UTI! She has been doing great lately but Brandy has a UTI and it smells too. To make things easier take a CLEAN cup (that you don't want of course) and take some urine with you. My girls always seem to pee better at home.:rolleyes:

Good Luck,

Jaimie

9. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

My girl also had that "foul" smell. It was vaginitis....which went undetected by the vet and then it turned into a UTI. Common (so I have read) in female pups. If there is a discharge from the vagina that's most likely what it is but definitely have her checked out by a vet and they can at the least do a free catch urine sample and test for UTI. They can usually look at the vagina and see if it is vaginitis if the urine test comes back negitive.
    Good-Luck
    Susi & Cami

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.