4Health Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bathel

Super Boxer
I was curious Bathel, I know you mentioned using fromm, have you had experience with holistic select? They came out with a new grain free blend, here's a link to it:

Holistic Select Grain-Free Adult & Puppy Health Salmon, Anchovy & Sardine Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food

Curious your thoughts on it :)

I don't have any experience with that product, but I don't have any issues with the ingredients listed. Looks like a high quality food. However, for the price I would still use the Merrick Grain Free as it has a slightly better ingredient list at the same or a bit lower price. Having said that... if the Holistic brand works well with your pup, I wouldn't blink an eye on keeping using that.

I've used Acana, Orijens, Fromms, Merrick, AvoDerm, BlueBuffalo, Taste of the Wild, Wellness and EVO. My favorite as a company is Orijen/Arcana (champion pet foods)... but unfortunately my girl had some strong gas on both. Her coat was the nicest and stools the firmest on Orijen 6 fish, but I couldn't stand the gas. For that, Fromm and Merrick have been the best. I rotate between the two to keep my little girl interested as she get's board with one brand/flavor quickly. Of the two, Merrick seems to be my favorite and hers...

Bathel

Super Boxer
I was curious Bathel, I know you mentioned using fromm, have you had experience with holistic select? They came out with a new grain free blend, here's a link to it:

Holistic Select Grain-Free Adult & Puppy Health Salmon, Anchovy & Sardine Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food

Curious your thoughts on it :)

One more note to consider on the Holistic Select... the calorie count is 3,520 kCals per kilogram. Compare that to the Merrick at 3740 kcals per kilogram. Over time that small amount of calorie density adds up on the budget as you're going to have to feed more of the Holistic to get the same calories which will cost you more over time.

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
Thanks so much bathel!!!! Your always the go-to for food issues :) I have not started her on anything else as of yet , were still finishing up the totw but I'm honestly thinking we may have to pitch the rest of it , her gas is SO bad. It's getting to the point it's almost constant !!! She doesn't seem bothered but that can't be good :( I hate to throw away food, but all the "talking" her hynie is doing....Lol....WE are bothered lol!!! That's a really good point about the calories thanks for the guidance, I'll definitely g look deeper into the options you mentioned. Your girl sounds like mine in the sense she's so prone to gas, and I have found she enjoys a flavor switch often lol. Fish seems to her favorite :) thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.