4 1/2 year old defecating in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barron's mom

Completely Boxer Crazy
I am frustrated and at a loss. I trained my first boxer beautifully, but I am a failure with this one. I've had my present 4 1/2 year old male boxer since he was 15 weeks and he has never been completely housebroken. He did well for a while and then regressed to occasionally defecating and urinating in the house, but mostly defecating. Yesterday, I returned home from work to find that he had done both and then this morning he got up, went downstairs, and defecated again. The last time he did this I confined him to the kitchen and then let him out to have full roam of the house after a while. He did well for a while and then regressed again. He does this when I at home, but mostly when I am at work. I spoke with his vet, who said there is no medical reason for this. Please help!

Barron's mom

Completely Boxer Crazy
I forgot to mention. I have two bells in the house....one downstairs on the main level, and one upstairs in my bedroom, where he sleeps. Recently, he has stopped using both bells and has used whining and body language to tell me when he has to go out for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.