3yr Boxer In Need of a Good Home in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshiegirl

Boxer Pal
I never thought that I would be posting here. I have a three year old boxer named Rico. He is the sweetest puppy in the world. We bought him when he was nine weeks old. My husband at them time "thought" he wanted a dog, but was not prepared for the realities of owning a boxer. I knew he wasn't a dog lover, so it was a huge mistake on my part thinking that he would change. I now have a 1yr daughter and a baby on the way and Rico's life is not what I wish it were. I need to find him a home where he will have all of the attention, from everyone in the family, where he will be exercised and played with. He deserves it. He is a great dog. Awesome with children. My daughter can crawl all over him and he just lays there. He does have issues with other dogs, but we haven't been able to afford to take him to a trainer. He's been through two basic training levels and did marvelous. I'm sorry this post has gotten so long. We live in the Atlanta area.

crowpete

Boxer Insane
Have you checked with a boxer rescue in your area? It would be best to start there.

Best of luck.

ehayes21

Boxer Insane
I never thought that I would be posting here. I have a three year old boxer named Rico. He is the sweetest puppy in the world. We bought him when he was nine weeks old. My husband at them time "thought" he wanted a dog, but was not prepared for the realities of owning a boxer. I knew he wasn't a dog lover, so it was a huge mistake on my part thinking that he would change. I now have a 1yr daughter and a baby on the way and Rico's life is not what I wish it were. I need to find him a home where he will have all of the attention, from everyone in the family, where he will be exercised and played with. He deserves it. He is a great dog. Awesome with children. My daughter can crawl all over him and he just lays there. He does have issues with other dogs, but we haven't been able to afford to take him to a trainer. He's been through two basic training levels and did marvelous. I'm sorry this post has gotten so long. We live in the Atlanta area.

I know this must be hard. Try Atlanta Boxer Rescue too.

ChristyA

Super Boxer
You are doing the right thing by finding him a home where he will get the attention he needs. And as your post stated they need lots of attention. I would try a rescue association as the other posters mentioned. They will be able to screen any potential new owners to make sure he is going to a good home, and not taken by someone who has no idea what they are getting into.

Goodluck,
Christy

Joshiegirl

Boxer Pal
Thanks again for the replies! After I posted, my husband agreed to putting his part into making things work, but one month later, things really haven't changed. I just can't make him into a dog lover even though I wish it with all my heart. =0( So now, I will begin the search in finding Rico a home that he deserves. Thanks for the rescue recommendations, I will definitely look into them. Again I appreciate you all's input and kind words. I honestly feared I would be judged, but I truly can't find another solution.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies.