3 pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elsa

I have five... is this allowed?

1. Hypocritical people

2. People who read the entire TV Guide and know every TV show yet don't read a voter pamphlet and have no idea who their local representatives are.

3. People who don't know the difference between a debate and a personal attack.

4. Bad grammar and punctuation.

5. Politicians who tout themselves as "intelligent and educated" yet rape the environment and wallow in their ignorance and myopia.

Jill Rolser

Boxer Buddy
OK, in no particular order:

1. People who talk on a cell phone while driving.
2. Office gossips.
3. People who bring their unruly kids to fancy restaurants, bars,or other public places.

Jill R

Lava Linda

Completely Boxer Crazy
I could make a much longer list, but here goes....

1) Drivers who accelerate when someone passes them, and then slow back down.

2) Fishermen who hike to lovely remote spots, and then leave behind all the wrappers for their bait and tackle, cigarette butts, and beer cans. (This weekend, on my way from the stream to my car, I picked up three grocery bags of trash, including socks, a shoe, umpteen cigarette packs, and a sticky mousetrap(?!) Grrrrr!!!!!!!)

3) People who scalp concert tickets!

Sorry, I have to add one more:

4) People who routinely turn their lack of planning into your emergency.

Peggy G

Boxer Insane
1) Rude Customer Service (All rude people for that matter)

2) Irresponsibility (People that always blame everyone and everything but themselves...People that keep having children when they are already on welfare...people that spend all their money then cant pay their bills...things like that)

3) Drivers who get road rage from the slightest infraction.

This is more than a pet peeve but here goes anyway... child, elderly and animal abuse. The thought of an adult taking their anger out on the innocent makes me sick.

[Edited by Peggy G on 05-08-2001 at 03:27 AM]

B

Badassboxer

I hear ya!

Originally posted by Dodgn_AK
Here are mine:

1. People that drive slow in the fast lane. Tara

smashicon smashicon smashicon I'm forever saying, "Move your A**" in the car! (I know, shame shame on me nonoicon I can't help it, it's the Californian in me!) :LOL:

My other two are:

Whiners - I'm known for saying, "DWI - Deal With It!"

Hmmm, that's it, for today anyway!

[Edited by Badassboxer on 05-08-2001 at 04:45 PM]

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
Here are 3 of many

1. People who call me on the phone and then have nothing to say (They say hello, then expect you to carry the conversation)

2. Sunday Drivers On the Highways (you know the ones on the highways that are driving way too slow, but are taking in the scenery)

3. People who are not genuine and honest

E

Eddie's mom

1. spoiled children!! The parents really, not the kids

2. people who are always late/slow

3. prejudice remarks

C

Cleo_is_my_BABY

1.People that think kids/teens don't know a thing about stress...UGGG!!!
2.People saying things to me like "You had better get going"
It's not their buisiness!!!
3 People who talk/sing/hum/dance to themselves.

B

Betty's mom

originally posted by Elsa
1. Hypocritical people
2. People who read the entire TV Guide and know every TV show yet don't read a voter pamphlet and have no idea who their local representatives are.

3. People who don't know the difference between a debate and a personal attack.

I am in total adn absolute agreement with these by Elsa!!

Here are my three:

1. People talking on their speaker phone when in their cube!

2. People doing anything with food in their mouth!

3. Having to listen to other peoples lives, ie... very loud car music, someone on their cell phone talking very loud in a store and so on!

And one more for kicks:

People who bring their small kids to movies that aren't rated G and then having them (loudly) ask "mommy what's going on?" "Daddy what is he doing to her?" "I don't understand?"

That one really burns me up!!!!!

Lava Linda

Completely Boxer Crazy
Originally posted by Cleo_is_my_BABY

3 People who talk/sing/hum/dance to themselves.

I guess this means we'll never be roommates! :LOL: Please don't hate me, I can't help it! I don't do it to be annoying, I'm just a happy sort, and I catch myself singing, humming, or whistling constantly. (I rarely dance down the hallways though....gotta draw the line somewhere....)

I never thought about it bothering people. I once read about a study in Reader's Digest, where some university spent a million dollars on a study which found that people who whistle or sing at work are less efficient.
Sure, but do they live longer, with fewer health problems and lower stress disability rates????? Huh??? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.