3 kids how is it....should we do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasillo

Boxer Booster
three is work

I have three aged 7 ..5..and 3..
I guess i will be the only one to say that THREE was a big change for us
I always wanted FOUR...i know crazyLOL.hubbie wanted 2 so we decided middle ground
Now dont get me wrong i love them all...but with 2 there was always a pair of hands to deal with one...we each had one...but three...well you are outnumbered........also when we go amusement parks there is always one left out
and then there is the whole middle child thingLOL
I have a boy in the middle so he gets bombarded by womenLOL
The reason i decided on three was after we had 2 it always felt like there was someone missing at the table....weird...but the family was not complete...so i knew going for number three was the right decision for us...even though it does get hard at times.
My youngest has special needs(speech....she was born deaf) so it was very time consuming in the 1st 2 years of her life...unfortunately my son got no one on one due to this...i dont even remember his toddler years.
BUT if i had to do it over again...i would still go for three....only YOU know what the right number is for you.....for us it was THREE/.....for others is just ONE or two or none at all

xenaprincess

Boxer Insane
momstaxi said:
Elyse asks about time. There is none. You just do the best you can, get help when you can and keep plugging. Who cares if things aren't perfect, as long as everyone is healthy and happy, what's a little dust?
Good luck in whatever you decide.
Michele
Yup!! That's it exactly! cool2icon

alohaboxer!

Super Boxer
Thanks for all of your very enlightening thoughts and words of wisdom!
I am still like humpty dumpty sitting on my wall, waiting to fall either way!
I guess I'm nervous about having my daughter be the "middle child", I have always heard of this term and never really thought it was something true...but I guess it really is? Is it that there isn't anymore one on one time with the "used to be baby"? I would feel horrible, like I was demoting her from her position as my baby. But maybe she would really enjoy being a big sis? I'm such a darn thinker.....I analyze everything to death. Also, do you really have enough one on one time with each of them? What do you do when you have special time with each one individually? BTW My husband says this can be "his baby", he says when ever he's home from work he can be more hands on than he was with the first 2. I wished he could get pregnant! Thanks again :)

tasillo

Boxer Booster
Kids are so reziliant. Its really not how much one on one time you give but that you do give it to each child.
Yes your daughter might resent the baby...but she might also not.
It is a lot of hard work but i love that they have each other to count on.
Look...we had three and then we got Nina the dog and it is even more work for us...but it has made our family complete and actually closer...as my baby(3 year old) does not feel like she is the baby anymore but Nina is
So maybe your daughter will actually love the idea of NOt being the youngest.

alohaboxer!

Super Boxer
WOW Dukesmom!!!!! You are amazing appicon By the way, your gallery is so cute. What handsome kids you have! And good looking pups too! My hats off to you!

Leesha'sMum

Boxer Booster
I know how you feel alohaboxer. We have 2 kids (boy-11 and girl-8) and my hubby wants another one. I will be 35 this year, so I have to make up my mind soon. I'm on the fence as well. There are days when I definitely want another one and then there are days when I just can't imagine going through everything again. I remember how hard it was and also how fast they grow up.

My sister has an 11yr old daughter and a little boy that will be 1 yr old next month. Her older daughter has been a pure delight and help to her and I know that my son would be the same.

It can't be any harder going from 2 to 3, but of course, we always worry about it. I'm the middle child of 5 and I have so many nieces and nephews and I'm so used to a huge family. My husband only has one other sibling, a brother who is 10 yrs younger than him and they are extremely close.

My husband is a great Dad and I know he will be a huge help. The other bright light is that here in Ontario, Canada, the maternity leave has bee increased to 1 yr so if we do decide to have another one, I would really look forward to the year off and seeing all the firsts of the new baby.

In the end, it is yours and your husbands decision and I wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.