3-day fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara&Travis

Boxer Booster
So I've studied up for a while and have decided to start a 3-day fast tomorrow. I can only have water tomorrow, but the next two days involve fruit and then veggies. Anyone experienced this before? Any tips or recommendations for keeping myself un-cranky? Ok, so Travis is begging that particular question. ha

Are you trying to drop some pounds? Let me know how it goes, My dh had a co-worker who often did this when she was feeling chunky and she got really b****y! Look out! :LOL:

Sara&Travis

Boxer Booster
Well, I'm really doing it to try and de-tox. I have been really trying to eat better for the last 6 months or so, and it felt like doing this would give me a good boost. From what I hear, after you finish a fast like this your taste buds are more sensitive... and things that tasted good before (that big-mac) don't taste so good anymore. One nice side-effect is that you will naturally lose a few pounds doing it.

So I just had water all day yesterday. I was fine all day - had about 80 oz of water total. I got to feeling headachey and yucky around 7 or 8pm. I went to bed around 9 just to speed the process. I must say that I got up around 5am this morning feeling really good. I'm just eating fruit today... so I'll see how that goes! I'm dog-sitting a boxer and a lab (along with Sammy) today and have been able to walk them several times and not feel out of energy at all!

LilygirlCO

Boxer Insane
My co-worker just did this two weeks ago to detox and eat healthier and she was also worried about the weakness and grumpiness. She did great. Her first day of the detox was her day off and she kept busy doing errands and whatever to keep her mind off food. I think the third day she started to feel a little weak and cranky but nothing major.

Good Luck with it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.