1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26 pounds...18 weeks

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Winston&Brew, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston&Brew

Winston&Brew Boxer Booster

Hey all!!

I was just going to see if any of you remember how much all of your babies weighed when they were 18 weeks.

I just weighed Brew yesterday and he was at 26 pounds, he is now 18 weeks old. His paws are huge and everyone that sees him always tells me how big he will get, but I really don't think that he is that big at 26 pounds. I was just see what you all though of how big he may get, I know it's hard telling?!??!?! Thanks!

2. Rocky's Ma

Rocky's Ma Completely Boxer Crazy

That doesn't sound overly big to me for that age. It's hard to tell how big he'll end up though, you know, with growth spurts and all.

3. Donna1969

Donna1969 Boxer Insane

Doesn't sound overly large to me.

At 17 weeks Echo weighed 27 pounds and at 15 wks Carson weighed 24lbs. Haven't weighted them recently they are now Echo..will be 20 wks on Monday and Carson will be 22 wks tomorrow and both have gained some serious weight since the last weigh in.

You can kind of guesstimate how big he'll be by taking a look at his parents.

4. MxRxSth

MxRxSth Boxer Insane

Syd just went to the vet today and he is only 13 1/2 weeks and weighed in at 32 pounds. To me that is big for his age and he is not fat by any means.

5. cap032

cap032 Super Boxer

I believe at 16wks. Syxx was a little over 30lbs.

6. Donna1969

Donna1969 Boxer Insane

Carson was weighed today and he is 22 wks 1 day old and weighs 35lbs. (I think he actually has lost a bit of weight that he did have before today due to runny poo and his appetite taking a nose dive)

7. BaconBits

BaconBits Super Boxer

Bacon was 30 lbs at 17 weeks. He didn't look big at all (visually), but the vet says he's healthy and would be gaining weight normally. He's very active too. He still looks skinny but he eats a lot! He's already really tall but I think he will fill out to be a big boy.

8. RockysDad

RockysDad Boxer Buddy

Yeah, that seems somewhat small for his age, I know there are a few freaks out there, Rocky is turning 5 months in just a couple days and is just over 50lbs. He isnt fat by any means, he is thick as can be though. He looks like a smaller version of a full grown boxer accept his paws are still way too big for his body. His dad was a lean but thick 85lbs working boxer(guarded their livestock out on his families farm) and his dad was only 25months at the time telling me he still had some room to thicken up.

Rocky comes up above my knees when hes on all fours and I am about 6'1", hes not fat, just thick and muscular. I wouldnt worry if I were you, there is still plenty of time for your dog to thicken up, and staying smaller would be better on his joints anyways.

9. Louise501

Louise501 Boxer Insane

I think Luka was about 28lbs, he weighs 35lbs now at 20 weeks :)

10. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

I just checked in their record books and at 18 wks old Lola was 33lbs and Zeb was 37.92lbs.

Zebedee was weighed today and was 44lbs (he's 24 wks old)

I think he'll be bigger than Lola as when she was 1 year old (in April) we got her weighed and she was 56lbs. I looked back in their books and at the same age Zeb has always been a couple of lbs heavier than Lola at the same age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.