1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 different ears

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Proudparent, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proudparent

Proudparent Boxer Pal

Lennox is 12 weeks old. He has had the cutest ears since we first met him. Recently, like within the past 2 days his one ear has been folding over itself. It looks a lot different from his other ear, which looks like a regular boxer puppy ear. We went to our first puppy class last night and one of the instructors was excited to have a boxer in class because she says she has an 8 year old boxer at home. She was talking with us and pointed out his funny ear, I told her that it had just started looking like that today and she told me I should rub it out when we are lying around because if we don't it will stay like that.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it true that if we don't work it out it will stay this way?

2. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Boxer Insane

Sometimes they go back, but more often than not the ear will stay that way. They call them "fly ears" or "flying ears". You see it often in pups and it coincides with the teething stage. If you want his ears to maintain that nice symmetrical look where you see a lot of the ear leather laying flat toward the front, you will definitely want to massage the ears. Basically you will be preventing any unwanted creases from forming and promoting that prettier ear carriage. Do an internet search on "training a natural boxer ear" or "taping a natural boxer ear" and you'll come up with a lot of information.

3. Kisaq

Kisaq Super Boxer

And who wouldn't want to rub those cute little ears anyway!!? LOL.

I can barely keep my hands off my guy's ears - and his are completely normal. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.