1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1960's champ from the USA

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by monty'smum, Mar 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monty'smum

monty'smum Completely Boxer Crazy

Hi' everyone,
    today I was at my parents looking through pictures and pedigrees of their past boxers when I found this fairly old pedigree of one of their boxers sire. What caught my eye was that his ears were cropped so I knew he hadn't been bred in the UK.His name was "Wardrobes Delhart's Mack the Knife", born July 1960 in California.It says he was as near to boxer perfection as could be found and as the purest of American blood lines, to be allied with the wardrobe strain here could only enhance the british boxer.His pedigree certainly lists USA champs all the way down the lines.I was quite thrilled that one of our boxers was his daughter.
    I states that his stud fee at the time was 25 guineas (£26), I guess that was quite alot then and wander what champions today command in stud fees?
    Anyway I just thought I'd share that with you and see if anyone else had heard of him.

2. Eddie's  mom

Eddie's mom Guest

Interesting info, thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.