1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17 pounds at 13 weeks

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Robaldo, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robaldo

Robaldo Boxer Pal

Hi we adopted Enzo when he was 8 weeks old and he weighed just over 5 pounds he came from a rescue group, and he has steadily gained just over two pounds per week. Is this normal weight gain? And if so how long does this go on for? My other dogs are not boxers this is my first experience with the breed and I am LOVING every second of it but I am clueless!!!
    My vet said he is perfectly healthy but I forgot to ask how long he will keep this rapid weight gain up for. Not that I mind I am just curious.. :)

Thanks for any information!!!!

Enzo's Mom
    Nancy

2. joannaryan

joannaryan Boxer Insane

That sounds about right, Toby weighed around 16lbs at 16weeks. Boxers vary in size and weight, no two are alike in any way except for their funniness, boxer burns, kidney bean dance and a few more :)

3. whiskers

whiskers Boxer Insane

Juno weighed 17lbs at 14 weeks old. She only weighed 4lbs when she was 8 weeks old!

At 3 years old, she weighs 50lbs.

For a while she was gaining about 6lbs a month. The weight gain is pretty rapid when they are that young, but as you can tell by Juno's adult weight, it doesn't go on forever lol it does eventually even out. They all grow differently though, like just because Enzo is the same weight that Juno was at that age, doesn't mean he's going to end up being the same size as her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.