1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 yr old male boxer needs a new home

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by lilpowder, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilpowder

lilpowder Boxer Pal

I have a 10 year old male boxer, his name is Weiser. I had a baby in June 2011 and he has had to stay outside since that time. He had been an indoor dog all the way up until that time. he really deserves to have a great home, maybe a home with no small children or no other pets. He's such a good dog I just can't bring him back in because of my baby and I hate to see him having to live outside in the weather. Please respond if interested and live anywhere near the Kansas City, MO area. Thanks!

2. Lisa H

Lisa H Completely Boxer Crazy

What issues is he having with the baby?

3. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Please contact your local boxer rescues asap and surrender him. This is just so unfair to him. I don't know why he can not be inside with the baby or what happened but you really need to step up and make sure he finds the home he deserves now.

4. EAO76

EAO76 Boxer Insane

What is he doing to your baby? Boxers are known to be great with kids. I have four boxers that were all here before my child (who is now 3.5) and we have no problems co-existing. Sometimes it takes a little effort / training but there are rarely issues that cannot be overcome. I hope you are at least bringing him in at night. I assume your child sleeps right? So the dog would not bother the baby in the evening. The dog should at least have the comfort and warmth of the home to sleep. Keep in mind that 10 years old is VERY old for a boxer.

PS there is a boxer rescue in the Midwest. Google it. If they have room for your dog they will ensure he goes to a loving, screened home where he would be treated properly and kept inside.

5. BoozerBaby

BoozerBaby Super Boxer

Find something quick I saw a dog be broken over a case of the girlfriend didn't want the dog hair in her home.This Rottie named Cognac she was a beauty indoor dog very very social my cousin worked on construction and brought his dog everywhere he went,so he meets girl girl don't like dog hair girl banishes dog to heated garage.Then they decide to move to another province so they bring Cognac to his parents house 1st and they his parents left her outside chained to a dog house left outside the dog was able to go into a shed if the weather was bad oh so nice of them (NOT) in New Brunswick Canada our winters are cold snowy wet damp you name it we get it.So I go there on Vacation and can't wait to see cognac I used to dog sit her.So I rush to see her only to have my heart broken this once beauty of girl was now broken and sad and motionless she didn't even lift her head to look at us (my husband and I ) we called her and called her and she just stood there with her head down like she was ashamed to be seen this way.It was awful and when I approached my cousin about the issue when I returned home he was sad for her but still left her there until they could sell their house by the time the house sold she had died she was 6yrs old my husband and I believe she died of a broken heart. My point of my story is your boxer doesn't understand why you have banished him from the family your breaking his spirit I sure hope you find a home real quick my heart breaks for your poor boy,he could love a new family member too.

6. entelekia

entelekia Super Boxer

This makes me so, so sad. This poor pup has been banished to the outside for almost a year because of having a baby? Babies aren't even mobile for the first few months of their lives. - ?!

Having a 10 year old boxer, I can't possible imagine what this dog was doing that would have put a baby in jeopardy. When they get to be that old they mostly sleep all day.

My heart breaks for this dog. Please turn him over to rescue where they can find him a home that will love him as he deserves for the (probably short) rest of his life. And PLEASE make sure you are done having skin kids before considering getting another dog - if ever.

How heartbreaking.

7. djheitz

djheitz Boxer Insane

All I can ask is "Why?". We wonder everytime an amazing senior comes in to our rescue. Why would someone give one of these precious dogs up after 10 (or more) years. Most of us are thrilled that if we still have our boxers at age 10. I can't even imagine giving one up.

8. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Why!! Having a baby is no excuse for banishing your dog to the outdoors. I don't know how you could do that to a boxer that you have had for 10 years. :( Poor dog. :( Please contact your local boxer rescue. They will find him a good home where he will be appreciated.

9. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

I too wonder what the boxer did to deserve the banishment to the yard? You have two other dogs too. Where are they?

Not to be harsh, but most of us here are either rescuers, taken in rescues or foster rescues. We love this breed and only believe in the best for our dogs. We often see this excuse of a new baby for the reason that dogs are given up. Many times they are euthanized because they are just not at the age to be adoptable. It's very sad to those of us that wish our boxer's could live a long life and to have one at 10 yrs old is truly a gift.

Please explain why this poor boy has to be given up?

10. rena

rena Boxer Booster

The rescue for the area is Midwest Boxer Rescue - you can find them on-line. Very saddened by your post and disappointed that the poor guy had a Missouri winter outside before you took action. Good thing it was fairly mild. Just remember the summers can be just as hard on them - especially when they are older. I have a 12 year old and she actually struggles more in the heat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.