So PO'd!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
So we put in new granite counter tops today, and they are gorgeous. All the noise freaked out Arabella, so we were in the "man cave" down in the basement. On one of my trips up to check on the progress, the guy asked if we were using the same faucet. I answered yes and didn't think more about it. The faucet can be used as a 3 hole or a one hole. It came out of a three hole but we were going to switch it to the one hole. I let them know that at the beginning of the project, and when they came in to measure. The work order says that. AND the granite arrived with a marking for just one hole. I come back up and for the final look before they leave, and he drilled 3 holes! :eek: I think my chin just missed the counter when it my jaw dropped. After a short discussion. I just told him to leave because there was no fixing it.

I called my husband who was in a meeting and had to call me back. By then I calmed down some. He tried to calm me down more, which only made it worse. I hate the big metal piece that covers the holes. It is a pain to clean and I just don't like the look of it. He said he was going to call the project manager. After he put in a call to him, my husband called me back. I told my husband I was going to find a new faucet that doesn't have that ugly bar but three separate pieces that come up and I want to be reimbursed for that. The project manager called to hear from me what happened. After I told him what happened, and I mentioned it was on the work order that it should only have one hole. I realize it was a miscommunication, but for the price of granite, you want it done right. The project manager in now waiting on a call from his boss.

Thanks for letting me vent. Now if I could just beat on something to get the rest of my frustration out! smashicon

Jinnytee

Super Boxer
Oh Pam - You have my sympathy in bucket loads ! I hate having any sort of work done on the house as there is ALWAYS something .... and usually its the minor things, that should be no issue at all, that go completely pear shaped.

The taps in 3 separate pieces without the bar would help .... BUT I think they should replace the granite top .... and if I were you I would push for that. Why should you be forced to settle for something you don't want .... its not as if you can fill back in the holes ..... and you will presumably be keeping the counter tops for many years, and forever stuck with the tap style that you don't want !! ( I am sure they would have other projects needing a smaller piece of granite that they could use it for, so its not a complete waste ).

Now you have me ranting, LOL ! My pet peeve is workmen that don't bother to read work-orders properly and follow the instructions !

Hope you get this resolved so that you are 100% happy.

Jinny

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I am not keeping the counters, the house is. I am putting it up on the market, and the houses with granite tops sell much faster. In my area of town they tend to sell in 30 days or less, and the ones with Formica sit for 90 days. The cost of my mortgage over that time covers most of the cost of the counters. So it would be a wash financially speaking, but the stress level of having a house sit should be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.