Healing vibes for Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuff Love

Boxer Insane
Awww get better Gus! Thora and I are thinking of you and sending you lots of get well healing vibes!!

prittiegirl

Super Boxer
Pneumonia...

Yes, I have heard that pneumonia is going around following kennel cough and that it has been particularily bad in the last month or so - at least in western Canada. The nasty thing about kennel cough is that it is airborn, so you do not need to see the other dogs who are infected in order for your dog to transmit it...

I hope that Gus recovers very quickly!!!!

sasmeow

Boxer Insane
Gus has still been coughing a lot on the cough suppresant. He is sleeping now, so hopefully he does all night and no more episodes during the night so we BOTH can sleep. He did finally eat tonight when I put some canned food on his dry food. He hasn't really been drinking much water today. He urinated about 9 hours ago, but usually he goes more than that because he is usually drinking often. If he doesn't drink much tomorrow, I might call the vet and see if he needs fluids so he doesn't get dehydrated.

Any suggestions on how to get him to drink? I think he knows it makes him cough so he avoids it. I gave him some canned food (Instinct) so that has some moisture. He doesn't like ice cubes. He does like the hose, so maybe I will take him out back tomorrow and see if he will drink from the hose.

He is only suppose to be leash walked so he can rest. Once Izzy and Gus are both healed up, its going to be crazy around here. I can't wait :LOL:

Cami

Boxer Insane
How about trying a little diluted with water chicken broth (fat free/low sodium)? Just enough of some flavor to tempt him to drink.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
When I went thru this a few days ago with Thor my vet told me to put water over his food. It worked for us. Sending more healthy ((((vibes))))!

RoxiesEcho

Boxer Insane
Poor Gus - lots of prayers and healthy vibes are being sent his way. Does Gus like ice cubes? Maybe that will help get some fluids in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.