Carpet Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxy'sNewMom

Boxer Insane
I am going to deep clean the carpets this weekend. I have a steam cleaner, but what does everyone use in it to get rid of pet smells? Does Nature's Miracle make a cleaner for steamers? I am going to also try the vinager too. But wanted to get everyones suggestions.
I really want something for the cleaner, since the whole carpet needs cleaned and not just a small spot.
Thanks
Shaunna

bxrwiggles

Boxer Booster
I have a Bissell cleaner that just uses a mix of hot water and cleaner. Bissell makes several different types of cleaners. They have a special one for "pets" that you can buy at Home Depot. I haven't used this one yet so I don't know what's in it or what makes it special for pets. I also don't know if you can use it with a "steam" cleaner like you have. I usually use Nature's miracle first on any spot where they've had an accident to neutralize the smell first and then go over it with the Bissell cleaner. Good luck with your carpet cleaning!

Roxy'sNewMom

Boxer Insane
OK maybe mine is not a STEAM cleaner....it is just a Bissel carpet cleaner.

My problem is I have an incontinent boxer and she has peed alot and there is no way to cover it first with the stain remover. I am trying to potty train a pup now and having issues.....thanks!!
Shaunna

bayleighmom

Boxer Insane
I have a Bissell cleaner that just uses a mix of hot water and cleaner. Bissell makes several different types of cleaners. They have a special one for "pets" that you can buy at Home Depot. I haven't used this one yet so I don't know what's in it or what makes it special for pets. I also don't know if you can use it with a "steam" cleaner like you have. I usually use Nature's miracle first on any spot where they've had an accident to neutralize the smell first and then go over it with the Bissell cleaner. Good luck with your carpet cleaning!

I have bought the Hoover brand for pet odors. I shampoo everything with this cleaner then go over all the carpet again with the vinegar mixture.

agilityboxer

Super Boxer
Well its not really for pet smells, but at Bed Bath and Beyond they sell this stain cleaner called Increadable. I love it! Its the best stain cleaner I have found. We went to my parents house last weekend and my middle gal threw up in the middle of the night. I was mortified, as my parents house is immaculate. But we ran and got a bottle about 6 hours later and it came right up. I love it!

Zannie

Completely Boxer Crazy
i've tried alot of differant cleaners the one i think does the best is Sam's Club brand its cheap and i have no idia why it works so well but it does

SILLY6PAK

Boxer Insane
What a back breaking job!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to do that Friday night while the kids are at their Mom's. I also like the Sam's brand cleaner.
Have fun. I have been putting it off for weeks until looking at my carpets turns my stomach.

MikaMay

Boxer Booster
Here's what I do...I have a Bissell Powersteamer carpet cleaner.....and I have a pack of Maltese (not to mention two Boxers) who, when ANYONE has used their pad tray, will choose to go on the carpet next to it!! rather than use a dirty pad.....the pad tray is in my laundry room.

I really worry about oder, since I rent --
I alternate cleaning solutions. Now, I do clean this room often (a lot more often than I care to say) BUT, every two times or so, I simply use a solution of white vinegar/hot water to clean and I go over it several times.

Other times, I use Simple Solution Stain and Oder Remover, which can be purchased at PetSmart -- & I use it in my steam cleaner. You use 8 to 16 oz. of Simple Solution to one gallon of shampoo/water mix. The directions are on the back of the bottle.

The third one I like is...geez, I forget the name of it and I'm out of it so can't go look at the bottle. It's Oxy something made by Woollite? It come in a blue bottle and it smells wonderful after cleaning.

To top it off, I also use Odo Ban. It's like Febreeze, except it does not mask oders, but actually kills the bacteria/germs which cause oders. It sanitizes and can be used on counter tops, used to mop floors with, or spray on furniture, draperies, etc, to freshen up.

Hope this helps. :)

catcrazy56

Boxer Insane
I have a bissell cleaner and use bissel pet odour and stain remover but what I use and I really like is tide with bounce in it it really makes the carpets smell nice and kills odours

Status
Not open for further replies.